Validation Advisor - Stuck at "Cookies or you can't type" error message RRS feed

• Question

• Diagnostic Report (1.7.0069.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Invalid Product Key
    Validation Code: 8
    Online Validation Code: N/A
    Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-XD642-9M4T6-CJPQM
    Windows Product Key Hash: L+kOfBAIcnFdLCc/kPSmajBb9kY=
    Windows Product ID: 55274-640-3001881-23225
    Windows Product ID Type: 1
    Windows License Type: Volume
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    CSVLK Server: N/A
    CSVLK PID: N/A
    ID: {63A17008-0934-44EE-B39F-B4B5421E09A8}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.59.1
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-171-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Version: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 8
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.7.18.7
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 100 Genuine
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.28.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: 7E90FEE8-169-80004005_B4D0AA8B-514-80004005_025D1FF3-171-1

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{63A17008-0934-44EE-B39F-B4B5421E09A8}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0069.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-CJPQM</PKey><PID>55274-640-3001881-23225</PID><PIDType>1</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-854245398-1532298954-1801674531</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>INTEL_</Manufacturer><Model>D945GCR_</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Intel Corp.</Manufacturer><Version>CR94510J.86A.0031.2006.1212.1648</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20061212000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>4F523B0F0184E076</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Pacific Standard Time(GMT-08:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>1</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><BRT/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>100</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>120</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>6A68E8625BD170A</Val><Hash>9hIpJq30arJ+IpxpFaiRA7avePQ=</Hash><Pid>70145-OEM-5790185-10587</Pid><PidType>6</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Now, here's the post:

In attempting to run the validation advisor, it get the message:

Either the characters you typed below did not match the characters in the security picture or you do not have cookies enabled in your web browser.

when attempting ot run the  cookies enabled in your web browser.

when attempting ot run the  Use the Validation Advisor found at:

(http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/nonGenuine.aspx?displaylang=en&cCode=USA&Error=8&sGuid=1f30ae31-18fc-4fca-9f5a-71a1bce54d68&submit=1)

However, I have the Internet Options Privacy set to Accept All Cookies and I am correctly typing in the characters found in the Security Picture near the bottom of that page.

More information about the COA:

1. Reads Windows XP Professional

2. Reads OEM Software

3. Contains the Dual Port-Holes

4. Has the 25 character key

5. Has the embedded metallic thread stripe

6. Passes the non-conterfit test (http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/windows/quiz.aspx?method=oem_coa&acq=1&type=coa&displaylang=en)

"COA Comparison: Success"

More information about the CD:

1. Edge-to-edge hologram.

2. Embedded in the disc (i.e., not a really thin label)

More information about the documentation:

1. Looks like Microsoft to me (and I've seen a lot of Microsoft packaging)

2. "For distribution only with a new PC"

From what I've read, I suspect the validation has something to do "Volume".  However, that fails to tell me why I'm unable to proceed beyond the error message in bold above (Cookies and can't type message).

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you,

Rafael

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 1:11 AM

Answers

• You need to contact the entity that provided you with your Volume License copy of Windows XP with an apparent Invalid Product Key and ask for support assistance.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 2:12 AM

All replies

• You need to contact the entity that provided you with your Volume License copy of Windows XP with an apparent Invalid Product Key and ask for support assistance.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 2:12 AM
  • Yeah, about that.  These guys are still in business, still offering to sell the product, but fail to respond to emails.  They're closed now, but I'll attempt to reach them by telephone again in the morning.

Thursday, March 20, 2008 12:44 AM
  • Well, after a week of run around with the 'calls into' to 'call backs' ratio running at 4 to 1, the vendor's conclusion is:

"This would be a matter which you would need to discuss with Microsoft support.  It indicates that it is an invalid product key, which if it was, should have never allowed you to register and use your copy of Windows XP in the first place.  It is a genuine copy, as it has passed the "genuine MS product" test.  Please contact them for further explanation.  They should be able to resolve this for you.  Should you have further questions, or  more details from MS, please contact us.  Thank you."

The product has never passed the 'genuine' test.  It only passes the 'not counterfeit' test (which is passes with flying colors).

The vendor also said they've seen the problem only once before and it was completely Microsoft's fault.

Anyway, I've submitted my information to Microsoft Legal to see if it will qualify for a complementary 'Windows Genuine Advantage Kit'

Friday, March 28, 2008 2:54 PM
  • Rafael,

We would really like to get a better understanding of this issue so we can better assist not only you but other users with similar problems as well.  Could you please submit a service request with Microsoft Product Support using the following link:  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=52029.  Please include the following information if possible: 

- Your product key for (Office or Windows)

Please post the last 15 alpha/numeric characters of your product key

-  Business location where purchased

-  Business Address where purchased

-  Phone number where purchased

-  Point of Contact @ the Business (if you had any)

-  If purchased on the internet please provide the website

-  What alias was the individual using online?

Usually this is prevalent with people who are selling software on auctions sites

-  Provide us with your email address, telephone number and/or Cell number so we can reach you and provide you with   an update.

-  Did you purchase the computer brand new, used, @ an auction, off the internet or how?

Please provide the detailed information for the location.

-  Is the computer a commercial built system or was the system custom built by a local shop?

-- Please provide all the details.

-  Do you have all the original software which was originally installed on the computer @ the time of purchase?

- Last has the computer ever been turned in for repairs if so please provide detailed information as above? 

If so please provide location details including webpage.

Also please run the diagnostic test again for inclusion with the support incident. This will enable us to review current information after any changes you may have made. Once you have done that, please reply back to this post and provide the SR # generated by the service request.  I will work with you and provide this information you provide to my supervisor.  Please let us know if you would be willing to do this!!

Thank you,

Stephen Holm

WGA Forum Volunteer

Sunday, March 30, 2008 5:02 AM