Visual Basic 6 RRS feed

• Question

• How can I get Visual Basic 6.0 installation software. 
    Wednesday, May 6, 2015 8:27 PM

Answers

• VB6 is no longer supported on any official Microsoft forums.  If you search the net you may still be able to find some resources.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

• Marked as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, July 8, 2015 8:06 PM
    Wednesday, May 6, 2015 8:56 PM

All replies

• You purchase vb6 try ebay.

If you mean and installer for vb6 apps you can use the one it comes with or something like Installshield.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 8:38 PM
  • VB6 is no longer supported on any official Microsoft forums.  If you search the net you may still be able to find some resources.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

• Marked as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, July 8, 2015 8:06 PM
    Wednesday, May 6, 2015 8:56 PM
  • Hello,

VB 6 is no longer supported by Microsoft. I’d suggest asking in one of the following third-party forums which support Visual Basic 6.

VB forums

VB City

For further information, see: Where to post your VB 6 questions

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, May 7, 2015 1:40 AM
  • I keep seeing this question and most of the well intended people just don't get it.

The Visual Basic 6 install files may be available on E bay or half.com. 

Try for un opened but it must have the 2 disks,  I don't think the second one is important for most things.

Another very good way, if you can, is Microsoft's program "Dream Spark" if you are in school,

Or Biz Spark if you can show Microsoft that you are a small business of almost any kind they will allow you to download it as 2 ISO file s.

When you find or burn a copy to dick the password is 82890-335-3353356-85740 I think.

and if you need to use the same disk again try 82890-335-3353356-85741.

If the install wants 10 digits it will be 335-3353356

Ask for Stacey.

To the best of my knowledge, this information has been made public due to a very heavy and ongoing user demand Microsoft agreed to make Visual Basic 6 available and to a point they have.

You may get the ISO file from the Peer to peer networks, most of the old ones should be safe.

If you just need the VB 6 runtimes "VBRun60sp6.exe is a self-extracting executable file that installs the latest versions of the Microsoft Visual Basic run-time files that are required by all applications that are created with Visual Basic 6.0."  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/290887

Anyone reading this that can run VB 6 please contact me if you would like a copy of a great AI with source code that runs in Visual Basic 6. (I am not the author) astute-paradox at hotmail. 

I hope this helps. 

Neil DeJour the Astute-Paradox.

Saturday, May 30, 2015 1:07 AM