Certification for CRM online RRS feed

• Question

• I started a new job and need to get certified for CRM 2011 online (as opposed to a local server install). I've looked through the courses (there are a LOT of them) and the exams but it's unclear to me as to just what I need to focus on to be certified in CRM 2011 to be able to set it up for a client who does not have CRM.

Will I need just one exam or multiple ones? I won't be getting into designing solutions for the client (my boss will handle that), I'll be handling mainly setup and config.

So would just MB2-867 Installation and Deployment be what I need or should I also take MB2-631 Customization and Configuration or take that in place of 867?

I'm assuming the exams for Applications and Extending would not be needed in my case.

Jonathan

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Jonathan,

It's a matter of how familiar you are with Microsoft Certifications and how interested you are in Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Personally I would say that getting certified on Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a safe bet: It's a very popular product with a great adoption by customers. 

Additional, it's pretty easy to learn. 

I would recommend that you go through 

Even if you don't plan on doing On-Premise deployment only. These exams apply perfectly to CRM Online. 

I would not recommend to go through 80295A: Extending Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 unless you plan to do customdevelopment to the application, using the SDK. 

There's so much learning material online. You will see all the available material on the Exam Preparation Material tab and please review the exam objectives. You should start with the Microsoft E-Learning Collections for Dynamics CRM. Also this. Use CRM Online to try it out. Then go through the Implementation Guide and you are ready to go! 

Hope this helps! 

• Proposed as answer by MaximeFortier Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:02 PM
    • Edited by MaximeFortier Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:28 PM
    • Marked as answer by WinSvrAdmin Tuesday, July 24, 2012 8:44 PM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 1:59 PM

All replies

• I'm still researching your question and hope to have a reply sometime this week.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Monday, June 18, 2012 12:56 AM
  • Thank you!
    Monday, June 18, 2012 12:18 PM
  • I haven't had much luck with this.  Did you end up finding anything?

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

Sunday, July 22, 2012 11:11 PM
  • I haven't had much luck with this.  Did you end up finding anything?

Jeff Wharton

No, I haven't found out anything. I'm sorry to hear you haven't either.

Jonathan

Monday, July 23, 2012 3:23 PM
  • Unfortunately not.

Jeff Wharton

Monday, July 23, 2012 11:25 PM
  • Hi Jonathan,

It's a matter of how familiar you are with Microsoft Certifications and how interested you are in Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Personally I would say that getting certified on Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a safe bet: It's a very popular product with a great adoption by customers. 

Additional, it's pretty easy to learn. 

I would recommend that you go through 

Even if you don't plan on doing On-Premise deployment only. These exams apply perfectly to CRM Online. 

I would not recommend to go through 80295A: Extending Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 unless you plan to do customdevelopment to the application, using the SDK. 

There's so much learning material online. You will see all the available material on the Exam Preparation Material tab and please review the exam objectives. You should start with the Microsoft E-Learning Collections for Dynamics CRM. Also this. Use CRM Online to try it out. Then go through the Implementation Guide and you are ready to go! 

Hope this helps! 

• Proposed as answer by MaximeFortier Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:02 PM
    • Edited by MaximeFortier Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:28 PM
    • Marked as answer by WinSvrAdmin Tuesday, July 24, 2012 8:44 PM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 1:59 PM
  • Many thanks to you Maxime! That's just what I was looking for!

Jonathan

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 3:35 PM
  • Amazing! 

If you need any help in the process don't hesitate to send me a message. 

Have a great one! 

If you could hit "Vote as Helpful" or even "Propose as Answer" that would help me a lot in my quest to MVP ;) 

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 5:56 PM