Files not updating in server shares RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I keep having this issue, the shares are not updating.

I currently use my PS3 and Xbox360 to stream my video to.

On both devices there are 2 accounts WHS2011: Administrator and WHS2011: WHS2011

The Administrator is used for the Recorded TV section and the WHS2011 is used for Movies section.

Has been working fine for months and months and now I have moved 4-5 files into both sections and non are updating, I have tried turning off the media streaming from the dashboard (stopping the 2 Media player services, restarting the services and re enabling media streaming option) to no avail.

Does anyone have any additional suggestions?

Thank you in advance

Monday, February 13, 2012 9:40 PM

Answers

• Decided to reinstall yet again, Media Server is the primary function of my server
    • Marked as answer by Tiberium Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:29 PM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:29 PM

All replies

• Does no one visit these forums anymore?

I have followed the steps in a post here http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-GB/whsvailbeta/thread/acf30d3b-c3e3-4880-af0e-d2d6c6ab2f53

Stop the "windows media player network sharing service"

Rename the "currentdatabase_" file in C:\Users\MediaStreamingAdmin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player (this is the only part that It doesnt allow me to do, there is no MediaStreamingAdmin part)

Start the "windows media player network sharing service"

Restart your server

All is good again :)

• Edited by Tiberium Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:54 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Geoffc1 Wednesday, February 15, 2012 11:17 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Tiberium Wednesday, February 15, 2012 1:01 PM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:45 AM
  • This isnt the answer as it doesnt work in my circumstances, I am not able to rename the current database file because it is not there...........
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 1:02 PM
  • Decided to reinstall yet again, Media Server is the primary function of my server
    • Marked as answer by Tiberium Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:29 PM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:29 PM