WE QUIT MSDN NOW ITSELF FOREVER RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi System Administrator Sir,

This is to inform you that we as our organization had a phone conversation meeting and we have decided that we all will no longer use MSDN forums or Visual Studio Forums as our forum to spread learning.. apart from my organization's questions that I answered my total score is 32 - approx 7 = 25 out of 115 posts which is not at all a bad score... these 25 are people whom i dont know at all and some answers are marked by thread starters as well as your contingent staff members whom I dont know.. Now is it a low quality???? I ask you people... Voting is a right of each user on MSDN and whether from same or different accoun I am least concerned but the following users are quitting MSDN :

Roozan Bharucha

Perizad

Shankar Singh

Dimansh Star

Husain Soni

and many more....

Thank you and bye forever from MSDN forums, we made a big mistake trusting Microsoft MSDN forums as an organization to spread good learning in our country and world... our site is better we dont get votes but any one can see and learn from it....

I am now unpublishing all my articles, codes, galleries from MSDN... whether you want to investigate or not its up to you but we dont want to take part in any of the activity of any forum of Microsoft now... we are happy with our offline activities and we spread better learning there rather than here.... where each one is pulling up the new user for votes... but you have provided that facility in the system and 'VOTING IS A RIGHT OF EVERY USER'  and no one in this world can deny if you are providing the system with a facility to vote you might see friends voting friends, colleagues voting colleagues, outsiders voting any one.....

Thanks

Roozan Parvez Bharucha MCT, MCITP (SQL Server 2008, Windows 7 Admin), MCTS (SQL Server 2008, Windows 7 Config, .NET Frmwk 3.5, .NET Frmwk 4.0 (Windows)), MCPD Enterprize App (Frmwk 3.5), MCPD Windows (Frmwk 4.0) CEO, RajAryanTech
    Friday, May 6, 2011 5:49 AM

All replies

• To,

Mr. Shen Jiang

Mr. Nassim JD,

System Administrator,

We quit it... and this is due to the act of your locking the thread for gettting twenty votes to each post of mine.e... No more comments on this on you thanking you once again do reply to this post i will keep on getting alerts... 

Still we will use only Microsoft as a software brand to teach using their official materials that we can get through our organization... East or west Microsoft is the best but forums are worst... 

Thanks

Roozan Parvez Bharucha MCT, MCITP (SQL Server 2008, Windows 7 Admin), MCTS (SQL Server 2008, Windows 7 Config, .NET Frmwk 3.5, .NET Frmwk 4.0 (Windows)), MCPD Enterprize App (Frmwk 3.5), MCPD Windows (Frmwk 4.0) CEO, RajAryanTech
    Friday, May 6, 2011 5:59 AM
  • I locked that other thread because there is no real need to keep it unlocked, I don't think I want or need more contribution around that topic. I have absolutely no problem with people voting a lot on a post that has legitimate value. However, if a particular post has way too many helpful votes for reasons that aren't explained very well, that is something I'll need to look into. If people are piling onto helpful votes just because 'they can' they either don't understand when to vote on something as helpful OR users are doing it to boost someone's points (gaming the system).  In any case, too many helpful votes on a topic is somewhat of a distraction to users trying to identify helpful content. It also rewards points to a user beyond what is normal or expected. The discrepency between the 'normal' helpful votes and something that isn't really very helpful (getting 21 votes) probably confuses general users or misrepresents the helpful nature of the posts (if it has too many votes). Imagine a user trying to find help and they stumble across a thread with so many helpful votes. They would be confused and/or realize helpful votes aren't really trustworthy or don't really mean much. That isn't good.

So I'm going to be spending some time trying to find out who has been voting so much and probably make an effort to help them understand when to vote on something as helpful vs. not and the negative impact of 'over voting'.

As to your statement on these forums being 'worst', I appreciate the direct feedback but I will continue to work hard on a platform that is helping our users every day resolve problems they have. I get a lot of satisfaction knowing I work on something that facilitates helping users.

Community Forums Program Manager
    Friday, May 6, 2011 6:56 PM
    Answerer
  • Dear Roozan:

Did you help someone?  Did you give them a good answer?  Do you find that in answering people's questions that you learn more about the item in question? 

THAT is your reward.  NOT votes.

Saturday, May 7, 2011 12:11 AM
  • Respected System Administrator,

We request you to block the emails and accounts on MSDN for all the team members of RajAryanTech as your reason to block our senior accounts of Roozan Bharucha and Shankar Singh with the reason of excessive votes is not at all correct. Block my account also.  I also have voted his posts.

As Bradley sir said, not votes but how many answers you answereed is an achievement, I am happy to announce that Roozan sir answered 34 out of 110 posts and was one among the top answerers in the forum even if you remove the answeres marked by me, shankar sing or perizaad, he would be near to top.

Thats an achievement but you all are jealous people, just know how to ban an account without prior notification. You wrote on faq page that you are first notified for an abuse, then if it is blatant you are banned. where is the notice on any of our emails, how did you ban ? totally illegal total partiality.

This is a big issue now and needs higher elevations,

Thanking You,

Deepak Sharma

Saturday, May 7, 2011 6:59 AM
  • Respected Bradley Sir,

We requested the admin to block the emails and accounts on MSDN for all the team members of RajAryanTech as their reason to block our senior accounts of Roozan Bharucha and Shankar Singh with the reason of excessive votes was not at all correct. Block my account also. I also have voted his posts.

As Bradley sir said, not votes but how many answers you answereed is an achievement, I am happy to announce that Roozan sir answered 34 out of 110 posts and was one among the top answerers in the forum even if you remove the answeres marked by me, shankar sing or perizaad, he would be near to top and still many threads open surely would hit the sky.

Thats an achievement but these all are jealous people, just know how to ban an account without prior notification. They wrote on faq page that you are first notified for an abuse, then if it is blatant you are banned. where is the notice on any of our emails, how did you ban ? totally illegal total partiality?

This is a big issue now and needs higher elevations,

Thanking You,

Deepak Sharma

Saturday, May 7, 2011 7:02 AM
  • A top user has only 34 answers and make people jealous? 34 answers is bottom here. Top users need to have tens of thousands of answers. 

The real problem is the user's activity is solely on boosting recognition points (8000 points out of 100 replies), such as having coworkers to ask questions and answer them, not much on helping others. A "link not opening" reply for a working MSDN link gets up votes? An answer does not get up votes but its clone gets 21 upvotes? A duplicate reply get upvoted 20 times too? The thread starter thinks the reply is not helpful but each reply still get voted helpful more than 20 times? It is not surprising that people question why a cloned answer gets up voted but the actual answer doesn't, and why people do not want to participate such kind of recognizably boosting behavior.

And hijacking others' thread to make an announcement of a personal matter does not help other users either. A recognition system is not the purpose of going to a forum. It's not worth your time, even at India's salary scale. Your time is better spend on learning from the forum discussions.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP

Saturday, May 7, 2011 9:50 PM
  • Hello Sir,

I am mailing you on behalf of Roozan Bharucha whose account has been blocked and he has received this spam mail. Please investigate and take necessary steps :

Here is the email entirely

forumsup@microsoft.com 

to

bharucha.roozan@gmail.com

date

Sun, May 8, 2011 at 7:04 AM

subject

[Forums] WE ALL QUIT MSDN FORUMS RIGHT NOW....

mailed-by

microsoft.com

hide details 7:04 AM (5 hours ago) 

Another user, ffssssnnnn, has replied to a thread you have subscribed to in the Suggestions and Feedback for the Forums Forum.

Thread Title WE ALL QUIT MSDN FORUMS RIGHT NOW....
     Started by: Roozan Bharucha

Reply:

costume jewelry pendant

The Microsoft Developer Network
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to a forums thread. You can unsubscribe or change your settings in the forums settings page.

This is an unmonitored email account. If you have questions or think you have received this in error, please contact us by clicking the following link: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=8103551

If you have questions about our privacy policies please read our 

You always keep on searching the spam so here is it please investigate it and take actions as per your rules and regulations.

Thanks

Deepak Sharma (Dimansh Star)

Sunday, May 8, 2011 6:58 AM
  • Accourding to Roozan, he has quit the forums (see above). I'll be reaching out to all the people that thought was somehow a good idea to vote on his posts as helpful for perceivably no good reason and see if I can get clarity around why this was done and ensure those folks understand how the system is supposed to be used going forward.

Community Forums Program Manager
    Monday, May 9, 2011 6:14 PM
    Answerer