WHS does not install correctly - does not ask for a password during setup RRS feed

• Question

• I recently have tried to install WHS on my old dell 8400. I get the install CD to start, but when it comes time to enter information like password and choose settings like do I want to be part of the comsumer experience and update settings, it quickly bypasses this and automatically goes on to the install screen. I tried to re-download and re-image a DVD copy of the install disk, but get the same error every time. Because of this, I get an error after the final installation step. I'm not sure what to do next. Anyone . . .
    Sunday, October 24, 2010 2:45 PM

All replies

• I recently have tried to install WHS on my old dell 8400. I get the install CD to start, but when it comes time to enter information like password and choose settings like do I want to be part of the comsumer experience and update settings, it quickly bypasses this and automatically goes on to the install screen. 
    Are you saying that you briefly see that window, but it automatically moves on to the next one before you have time to do anything on it?  If so, have you tried replacing the mouse and/or keyboard?

I tried to re-download and re-image a DVD copy of the install disk, but get the same error every time. Because of this, I get an error after the final installation step. I'm not sure what to do next. Anyone . . .

Sunday, October 24, 2010 6:42 PM