none
Bug in Browse Users page RRS feed

• Question

• 1. Go to Browse Users. Initially, all users are shown (a screenful at a time). So far so good.

2. I type my name (davewilk) in the search box, hit Go, and just my info is displayed. So far so good.

3. I type another name (e.g. nobugz) in the search box, hit Go, and just nobugz's info is displayed. So far so good.

4. I hit the back button, and just my info is displayed again. So far so good.

5. I click one of the Posts, Answers, Points items in the header and ... nobugz's info is shown (mine is gone). This is not good. Even if I click one of the headers the headers again, I cannot get my info back. I have to search again, or use the Back button.

It would seem that when the back button is clicked, the page does not pick up on the fact that the displayed list has changed.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 3:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'm guessing that when you hit back, it's not actually hitting the server but opening a browser cached version of the page. So, then when you sort, the last call to the server would have been for "nobugz" and it thinks that's what it needs to return.

Regarless, this page is being rewritten from the ground up. Stay tuned for that one... :)

Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 5:06 PM
  • Matt:

Thanks for the reply.

I know the back button can be problematic for "fancy" web applications, especially Ajax ones, but surely this behavior could be remedied.

But if this page is to be rewritten, I will wait for the new one.

But if you are rewriting the page, could we have Replies and Threads, in addition to Posts, Answers and Points? One way to judge the effectiveness of your replies is the "answer per reply" ratio. This cannot be determined from the present data, because the Posts count is "polluted" by the threads in which you were the OP.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 6:37 PM
  • This appears to be fixed (by various updates over 3+ years). Thanks!

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 8:57 PM
    Owner