Microsoft CRM Client - Delegate Changes to Contacts RRS feed

• Question

• In all law firms, attorneys have delegates (proxies or secretaries).  These delegates regularly make changes to a the attorneys' contacts.  The delegates could change a telephone number, address, or even update the notes on the contact.  Microsoft Outlook works great for delegates; the changes made by the delegates is saved properly (I think) by Outlook (the modified date changes).  However, when the attorney synchronizes his or her contacts, the changes made by the proxy are NOT uploaded to CRM.  The Microsoft CRM client completely ignores the changes made by the delegates (not good).

If changes are subsequently made to CRM contact record by someone (the user or anyone else), the next time the attorney synchronizes his/her MSCRM client the delegate changes will be overwritten (not good - data loss).

Any suggestions on this issue?

I appreciate your help.

Take care,

John

Thursday, January 29, 2009 6:52 PM

Answers

• I spoke to Microsoft support.  They asked me to send a copy of my customizations.  They believe it is a security role issue.  However, I have added my test user the system administrator role and the delegate was a system administrator; we still have the issues.

Thanks,

John

Thursday, January 29, 2009 8:40 PM

All replies

• I spoke to Microsoft support.  They asked me to send a copy of my customizations.  They believe it is a security role issue.  However, I have added my test user the system administrator role and the delegate was a system administrator; we still have the issues.

Thanks,

John

Thursday, January 29, 2009 8:40 PM
  • Are your users updating the Outlook Contact records for your CRM records? If so, those changes aren't synchronised back to CRM. Users will have to perform the updates in CRM itself, that way updates will filter to user's Outlook data files.
    Monday, February 2, 2009 8:16 AM