CRM2011 performance tool kit test. First Test Error. Which config file is it trying to use RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to evaluate this tool and I'm not a developer, but I'm very comfortable around VS and could get basic help around it's usability if I need to.  Now that I'm done with my disclaimer.

I'm trying to run the first test "createnewnoteforaccount" and I got the following error.

Error on line 26:

er.ParentID = EntityManager.Instance.OrgId;

Message=A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

What config file is it using, as none of the instructions point me to anything other than the configsettings.xml, but a developer told me that the app.config should be the file that the test is using.  Again, not sure if that is the correct file as it appears that it is also refering to specific internal program settings and I don't want to mess with it.

Also I read some posts that say it created a sql express database.  Since I'm running this on the server where SQL server is(I know this is just a quick test to see if this tool will help us)  I don't see the sql express database or setup at all.  Did it use the sql server or is that a second issue?

Thanks and sorry for the novice questions.

Thursday, June 7, 2012 8:27 PM