Update failure/Reinstall failure/Support request failure!!! RRS feed

• Question

•  

I started to receive a message that my virus software may be out of date a few days ago.

Despite numerous attempts to check for updates, this has failed. I then followed the steps in Help, upto & including uninstalling WLOC, but am now unable to reinstall as part of the process is to check for updates during installation, which WLOC still cannot do.

I have tried to submit a support request, both with & without 'Uploading my PC info' (tick-box), but this has also failed. I am tempted to discard WLOC but, as I have a paid subscription, this is not really an option. Perhaps a tech support 'person' may read this & advise? You never know!!!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 1:48 PM

Answers

• See here for how to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Use the option that you are a trial user and specify that the problem is on another computer so that you can submit the support request.

Since your problem involves connectivity for both the original update issue and now the installation problem, I would check your IE settings - Tools/Internet Options/Connections/LAN Settings and uncheck all options. If this does not resolve it, check the autodetect box and try again.

This assumes that you are on a high speed connection. If you are on dial-up, make sure that no download accelerator is enabled.

Finally, but actually first of all, make sure that nothing is interfering with your connection - no other firewall, parental security, etc, that might be blocking the connection or serving as a proxy.

-steve

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 6:29 PM