Question About Deploying CRM 2013 as a Hosted Service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys and ladies,

We have two physical servers acting as HYPER-V role and hosting several vms.

We want to deploy a base CRM infrastructure for minimal configuration. We were told that we could deploy one VM as CRM (with all roles) + SQL Server Reporting Services, one server as SQL Server and another one as ADFS 2.1

We want to provision CRM packages from our environment and sell packages to our small business clients as a Microsoft Partner.

At our environment we already have two domain controllers, one sharepoint server, one sql server, 4 exchange servers and several other vms.

The question is, can we host Sharepoint databases and CRM database under same SQL Server? If possible and recommended we would like to use an existing SQL Server instead of provisoning a new one.

Thanks

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 8:33 PM

All replies

• Yes, SharePoint and CRM can use the same SQL server.  Just make sure you make sure the SQL server I/O is performant enough to support both behaviors/systems.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 8:38 PM
  • Thank you Wayne, we will be monitoring I/O for performance issues.
    Wednesday, August 6, 2014 10:17 AM