What happened to my cd burner? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I can not burn music anymore. It says to connect a burner and then restart player. Where did my cd burner go?
    Sunday, November 25, 2007 6:43 PM

Answers

All replies

• Sunday, November 25, 2007 9:08 PM
  •  

I have the same problem! Where you able to solve this? The internal CD Drive on my computer wont recognize Cd's so I have an external drive and my player shows the same message, " connect a burner and then restart player!!!

Saturday, December 29, 2007 6:44 PM
  •  DuarteD wrote:

I have the same problem! Where you able to solve this? The internal CD Drive on my computer wont recognize Cd's so I have an external drive and my player shows the same message, " connect a burner and then restart player!!!

You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare. You may want to try the Windows newsgroups here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx or contact support for your media player.

Personally, I'd replace the internal CD drive as even a CD burner is very inexpensive these days.

-steve

Monday, December 31, 2007 2:05 AM
  • Can you help me! I can't burn cd anymore it tells me too connect a burner then restart .

Thursday, January 10, 2008 1:27 PM
  •  

hey, according to the other member, we are off topic for this foroum,,, but N-E-way......

I have not been able to solve this.... but I figured something out...

I went to Download. com and downloaded a free or a trial of a CD burner software,,, using this software I was able to burn things to cd's.. but the bad thing is that the ''free'' softwares online, are only trials and not the complete version of the software... so download a free trial cd burner software form that website. and see if using that software it will let you burn cd's... and its up to you if you want to spend xtra cash on that software...

well this worked for me, since nobody has a solution for the '' connect device and restart player''''' until then im using a free software... someone said to uninstall windows media player 11 and roll back to WMP 10 , that, doing that would fix the problem.... but it didnt.... soooooooooooooooooooo....

Thursday, January 10, 2008 5:43 PM