Error while reconfiguring: Action Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.StopApplicationHosterAction failed. Not found RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user on the support team who reconfigures to different environments many times a day, always with the same AD Credentials.  He recently started getting the following message when trying to reconfigure:

The Configuration Wizard was unable to verify whether Microsoft Outlook is running. Please confirm that Outlook is not running and then continue with Setup.

I verified that Outlook.exe and anything else outlook related is not on his task manager, so it is closed. 

If I select OK, the following message appears:

Action Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.StopApplicationHosterAction failed. Not found

My options at this point are Abort, Retry, and Ignore.  If we Ignore, we are able to reconfigure... but why is this happening?  And how can I get this to stop happening?

I have cleared his temporary outlook files.  I have run the diagnostic and keep getting the message that the CRM Addin may be disabled.  But I can confirm that the addin is enabled.  I have also tried selecting Remove Microsoft Dynamics CRM from Outlook then reconfiguring instead of going straight to Change your configuration.

We are in version 4.0 RU 16 on premise.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be extremely appreciated!  Thanks! :)

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:44 PM

Answers

• After much troubleshooting and teamwork with Microsoft, we discovered this was a WMI issue.  All has been resolved.
    • Marked as answer by Em_Raeker Thursday, November 3, 2011 8:00 PM
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 7:59 PM

All replies

• After much troubleshooting and teamwork with Microsoft, we discovered this was a WMI issue.  All has been resolved.
    • Marked as answer by Em_Raeker Thursday, November 3, 2011 8:00 PM
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 7:59 PM
  • What kind of WMI Issue? And, how did you resolve it. Please post that as well. I hv got same kinda problem here. Thanks alot!
    Friday, November 11, 2011 9:19 AM