virus trojan spyware or what???please help!!! RRS feed

• Question

• hello to you all
    ive got a problem since 2 months ,i got some music to my i pod that uploaded lots of viruses trojan etc ...since then ive formated 100 times my computer...bought a new hard drive and made format to the bios but didnt took the battery out,
    my problem at the moment is that the cursor{mouse pointer] runs around and obviously make changes
    this thing was able to disable almost every anti virus /spyware system!!
    also one live care couldnt find anything but the only time that the cursor stops getting mad is when i run the one live care scan...
    by the way ive been modifying and downloading a new driver for my touch pad mouse and so on
    it didnt help!!the company even replaced mother board !!what can i do else??what can it be
    its the smartest thing i ever bump into!!
    please help
    • Moved by Stephen BootsMVP, Moderator Thursday, December 18, 2008 2:15 PM Moved to Anti-Virus topic from General (Moved from Windows Live OneCare General to Windows Live OneCare Anti-Virus)
    Thursday, December 18, 2008 11:12 AM

Answers

All replies

• I'm moving your post to the antivirus topic folder.

If you are using Windows Live OneCare and you have been infected, but OneCare did not detect or cannot remove the malware, please contact support to report this and for help with removal.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

If you are using the free online Safety Scan, also called OneCare, the forums for that product can be found here:
      http://boards.live.com/safetyboards/board.aspx?BoardID=225

If  you are not using the installed Windows Live OneCare, you are off topic for this forum. This is not a general forum for viruses, spyware, or Windows Help. For help with spyware issues, you may want to try the forums here: 

http://aumha.net/ For help with virus removal, contact the maker of your Antivirus program.

If you are in North America, you can call 866-727-2338 for help with virus and spyware infections. See http://www.microsoft.com/protect/support/default.mspx for details. For international information, see your local subsidiary Support site.

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Thursday, December 18, 2008 2:13 PM
  • stephan

thanks alot for your reply,im despared as i try so long and so many different tools to get rid of it,,,
    anyway the strange thing is that the cursor stops only when i run the live one care scan ...its definetly infection isnt it??
    the iother thing is that since 9 hours!!i run the scan from malicious removal tool ..but it finds none as well the live one care...
    please your reply...
    thank you again
    Thursday, December 18, 2008 8:41 PM
  •  

It may not be an infection at all, but a driver conflict.
    What scanner are you running?
    http://onecare.live.com/ - installed to your PC or is it the Windows Live OneCare Safety Scan that runs from your web browser?

And, 9 hours to run the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool?

What is your primary antivirus program? OneCare, McAfee? Norton? Etc.?

-steve

Friday, December 19, 2008 3:10 PM
  • spephen

you are great!!thanks alot for your help and replies!!
    i use to have norton that came with the computer and since then ive instaled and deleted few different anti virus programs but as far as i know ive deleted them all...{ive rechecked it by going to any file i was able to open and delete the threads as well
    examples:common files ,uninstalled programs and so on.
    strange things are happening with my computer...since ive downloaded IE8[eplorer8 the cursor would stay in its place as long as im IN PRIVATE  but as soon as i will plug out the intenet cable it would go back always to the same place just above the task bar{i hide it when i dont use it ]
    second thing that every couple of days i loose so many giga bytes...without downloading {only updates...every day}
    normaly i use only one live care as far as i know unless one of the other programs are stil around..
    but it is sounds very reasonable what you replied of 2 softwares that runs at the same time
    by the way its very loud without running a scan just by plugging it to the electricity
    stephan would you be able to connect remotely to my computer??
    thanks alot!!i apriciate your help
    Friday, December 19, 2008 7:06 PM
  • I wouldn't be able to connect to your PC, but that is something that OneCare support can do. So, open a support case with them and they can check for conflicting software and help you get OneCare running properly.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Friday, December 19, 2008 8:06 PM
  • steve  you are the best!!!thanks alot!

as i mentioned ...it is a strange computer..

ive changed few settings of the mouse properties and so on and so far so good especially when im connected IN PRIVATE[i really think its help this IE8}

but also i went to computer>properties>performance>adjust power settings>power saver>

AND UNBELIVEBELY THE COMPUTER BECOME QUIET AS THE NIGHT!!!

SO FAR THE CURSOR AND THE COMPUTER ARE COMPLETLEY FINE!

SO IT IS AS YOU SAID NO VIRUS ISNT IT??THANKS ALOT FOR YOUR INSTRUCTIONS AND REDIRECTIONS..

Saturday, December 20, 2008 8:12 AM
  • steve i forgot asking you something else concerning what you mentioned yesterday...

ive started computer>properties>performance>manage startup programs and it gives me a message>
    windows defender is turned off turn it on and open windows defender

CAN IT BE THAT THIS IS THE CONFLICT THAT YOU MENTIONED??ISNT IT THAT ONELIVE CARE DISABLED IT AUTOMATICALY WHEN I DOWNLOADED IT??

SHALL I DELETE COMPLETLY WINDOWS DEFENDER AS IM USING ONLY ONELIVE CARE??

THANKS ALOT AGAIN!
    Saturday, December 20, 2008 8:19 AM
  • Hi, and you are welcome. OneCare does disable Defender upon installation. There is no need to remove it, since it isn't running. No, this wouldn't be the conflict, since it was disabled. The conflict would be other 3rd party security software, but it appears that you've resolved the issue, so perhaps there is no conflict after all.
    -steve

Monday, December 22, 2008 1:24 PM