OneCare worked for months then everything slowed down RRS feed

• Question

• I subscribed to this service for months now.  Everything is working perfectly fine, except yesterday ... all features don't work - can't tune up, scan, nor back up - it freezes up!  I've done all  the "Help" suggestions to make it work.  All my computer applications are either extremely slow or don't respond at all; the internet browser won't respond after few minutes  If I uninstall OneCare - everything goes back to its normal speed (I tested uninstalling and reinstalling OneCare few times to make sure OneCare is really causing the problem).  What happened to this product that I trust???? 

Friday, December 7, 2007 8:24 AM

Answers

• I'm sorry to read that OneCare is causing you a problem. Apparently, you have just been updated to 2.0 and are one of those impacted by a bug that has yet to be identified and resolved that causes part of the program to use up all available processor time on the computer. Please contact support for help with the problem.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, December 7, 2007 5:51 PM