Customize Email Invitation RRS feed

• Question

• Is there anyway to customize the content of the email invitation?

Monday, September 17, 2007 1:29 AM

All replies

• Check the documentation. In the EE setup guide, page 55, there is a section called:

8.3 Customize Meeting Invitations

and for SE on page 20:

6.3 Customize Meeting Invitations

Monday, September 17, 2007 3:49 PM
  • Thanks, I think I need to reword my question.

Is there any way to customize the layout and formating of the meeting invitation emails?

Not just the links as described in the documentation.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 2:08 AM
  • I'm going to give this a bump, because I'd like to be able to do the same thing.  So, beyond customizing the URLs and the company name, is there any way to customize the entire formatting of the web conferencing email?

Thanks
    -md
    Thursday, February 21, 2008 9:01 PM
  • I'd like to do the same thing to.

Did somedy find the answer ?

Friday, February 22, 2008 3:31 PM
  • I'm sorry for the me too reply but my customer would like to customize the email invitation and make it multilingual. Within their organization, they have 4 official languages (French, English, German and Chinese)... and then based on project they may have to support even more... It would be nice if OCS could work like Exchange and support multiple codepage for worldwide organization...

Any input from Microsoft on this one...

Thanks

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 10:57 PM
  • I too would like the ability to customize the actual content of the email invites from OCS live meeting.  From all the posting and interest in this, has anyone found a way?

Thursday, October 9, 2008 1:41 AM
  • The text is stored in a dll file.  The only way to modify the text would be to create an Exchange event sink or use an equivalent form of advanced customization.

Friday, October 10, 2008 2:10 AM
  •  

Mike,

I feel stupid now.  Really.  Of course they are stored in a dll, that's the way MS works!  And had I thought about it, my previous post would have been instructions on how to customize the text, not asking how.  But I can correct that.

Tools:

Resource Hacker (freebie): http://angusj.com/resourcehacker/

One computer with the LM Addin installed.

Some method of distributing your updated DLL.

1. Open this folder on your computer: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\LiveMeeting Shared
    2. Each language is listed.  In my case, en-US is all I care about.
    3. Open the file confapisat.dll using Resource Hacker.
    4. Search for the string you want to change.
    5. Modify the string (you can't remove a string, you can put white-space in its place, but not remove)
    6. "Compile"
    7. Save
    8. Distribute your modified DLL.

This doesn't give you a lot of flexibility, you still can't change the formatting, you can't modify it however you want, but at least you can fix some of it.

In my case, I removed the line about having the conferencing service call you and tweaked a bit of the phrasing to simplify it.

To distribute my change, I created an NSIS package that first installs the LM Addin, then copies the file over.  You could also use WIX or basically any other package creator.

Perhaps R2 will fix this HUGE problem.

Good luck.  Naturally, remember that you are venturing into unsupported territory.  And I certainly won't support your solution if it doesn't work like you want it to.  'Caveat Emptor' or 'You get what you paid for' or something like that.

Monday, October 27, 2008 10:03 PM
  • Mark;

It seems like every customer I go to where Live Meeting is in play, I'm sure to get the question about modifiying the Live Meeting inivte.  Although unsupported, the information you provided it much appreciated.

Rob

Thursday, October 30, 2008 7:02 PM