Can't Find my Products listed in MSN search RRS feed

• Question

• I am not getting any of my product listed on MSN. The only page I am getting listed is my front page. I have a sitemap, products list and all that good stuff. But the only page I can find is my Home page. WHY ????

Wednesday, December 24, 2008 8:38 PM

Answers

• Considering you are mentioning products in your subject line, I think it was a very valid question as we have a products vertical search and I had no idea which you were referring to. The issue with your site is that it is not ranking well. I suggest reading the FAQs located at the top of the ranking forum which may help.

Brett

Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:00 PM
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:00 PM

All replies

• I had the same problem, and found it was being caused by "grouping" web page components together on the each page of the web site  (to make sure they were properly aligned on the page).  "Grouping" has the effect of converting the components into an image, and web crawlers cannot find text imbedded in images.

Thursday, January 1, 2009 8:03 PM
  • Thank you for your answer. However I am not sure that I understand what you mean by "grouping." Please be more specific and advise me how to prevent this.

Thank you

Thursday, January 1, 2009 8:59 PM
  • I am having the same problem. I have good content. All my pages are listed and are ranked high for the keywords I have chosen in all the other search engines.

Friday, January 2, 2009 10:26 PM
  • Hi,

When you say, "listed on MSN" are you refering to regular search or the products search? If you mean products search, you may want to look at http://advertising.microsoft.com/search-content-advertising?s_int=US_20080428_livesearchResults_smh_001

Brett

• Unmarked as answer by a1twothree Wednesday, April 29, 2009 12:06 AM
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 4:27 PM
  • Bret;

Are you saying that MSN has gone to pay-per-click?? I thought that MSN was still one of the search engines that listed your products for ffree. I am talking about they are not listing any of my products !! Only my home page

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 6:23 PM
  • Hi,

When you say, "listed on MSN" are you refering to regular search or the products search? If you mean products search, you may want to look at http://advertising.microsoft.com/search-content-advertising?s_int=US_20080428_livesearchResults_smh_001

Brett

I cannot believe that you asked the question that you did when I plainly stated that "my products aren being listed". Just for your information when I type "site:www.eastandwestproducts.com" in the search box of MSN the only page I get that is listed is the home page. I should get the home page and all the prodcuts that are associated with my site
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 12:12 AM
  • Considering you are mentioning products in your subject line, I think it was a very valid question as we have a products vertical search and I had no idea which you were referring to. The issue with your site is that it is not ranking well. I suggest reading the FAQs located at the top of the ranking forum which may help.

Brett

Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:00 PM
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:00 PM