is there a way to run plugin on upload of solution to crm 2011? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

is there a way to run a plugin on upload of a solution to crm 2011?

If possible please let me know how.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Friday, May 17, 2013 10:55 PM

Answers

• HI 

You can write plugin on publish Message , check this message if it can fulfill your requirnment ..

Zafar Khan

• Marked as answer by cdmjlee Monday, May 20, 2013 6:57 PM
    Saturday, May 18, 2013 2:17 PM

All replies

• AFAIK, there's not a corresponding message to hook on to.  Just for general reference, here's a list of supported messages.  I'll double check but I don't think you can do it with a plugin, you can however use the ImportSolutionRequest to programmatically access a solution. You can use the ImportJob entity as well although checking, it doesn't have supported messages (again though, AFAIK). You might be able to get the same ultimate result, but a plugin doesn't seem to be an avenue.

Cordially, W.G.Ryan - www.williamgryan.mobi

Friday, May 17, 2013 11:23 PM
  • HI 

You can write plugin on publish Message , check this message if it can fulfill your requirnment ..

Zafar Khan

• Marked as answer by cdmjlee Monday, May 20, 2013 6:57 PM
    Saturday, May 18, 2013 2:17 PM
  • My guess is that you're trying to provide some automatic post-installation configuration/initialization routines.  It's normally polite to put this kind of functionality into a "Configuration Page", which is a custom Web Resource.  Apart from that, I think you'll spend less time creating your own installer, which would upload and publish your solution, and then provide any configuration necessary, than trying to find a way to make CRM do it for you.  Unfortunately, this does break from the "Dynamics Marketplace" distribution model, but it offers you tremendous control.  If that's a deal breaker, then reinvest the look into using the "Configuration Page" feature of Solutions.

Dave Berry - MVP Dynamics CRM - http:\\crmentropy.blogspot.com Please follow the forum guidelines when inquiring of the dedicated CRM community for assistance.

Sunday, May 19, 2013 4:02 PM
  • Thanks alot Zafar_Khan,

Your idea was perfect.
    Monday, May 20, 2013 6:58 PM