none
My Favorite Threads

Question

• Provision to add any thread to "My Favorites".

Clicking on "My Favorites" similar to "My Threads" will list down all threads I have added.

As an end user this feature saves lot of my time in answering repeatedly asked questions. Also help to keep track of threads which are having examples, solutions, etc...

Thanks,
    A.m.a.L Hashim
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
    Dot Net Goodies
    Saturday, November 19, 2011 5:12 PM

All replies

• Yes, this is a very good suggestion and I'd like to see this implemented.
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 5:27 AM
  • Yes, this is a very good suggestion and I'd like to see this implemented.

It already is but it is called My Alerts.  The main problem with the current implementation of it is that the Alert me icon is not modifiable from the Message list.  This enhancement has been requested for some time.

FYI

Robert
    ---

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 5:34 PM
  • No, this is not the feature we want. We want to be able to mark certain threads and they will be added to 'My Favorites'. So, in case I need to refer this thread later, I will be able to easily find it. It is sort of Bookmark (and here Tags and other features may be helpful).

You may say we can do it with external service, say, with delicious.com. We can, but it is not very convenient. It will be much better to have 'My Favorites' to be accessible directly where 'My Threads' are. In addition, some other filters in 'My Threads' can be useful (Threads I started, threads my reply was marked as an answer, etc.)

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 12:46 AM
  • No, this is not the feature we want. We want to be able to mark certain threads and they will be added to 'My Favorites'. So, in case I need to refer this thread later, I will be able to easily find it. It is sort of Bookmark (and here Tags and other features may be helpful).

What are "My Favorites"?   I thought that was a hypothetical feature for the suggestion.   My Alerts exist and do what you are suggesting (allow you to find a set of marked threads regardless of whether you have participated in them.)   Whether they are searchable or not would be another matter.   Perhaps there is already a search attribute concerning  My Alerts?...

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/436c0821-e7a7-4ba6-8a0a-b34b0ec37ba6/

Doesn't appear to be but let's see how My Alerts are retrieved...  Again, no help.  Also, My Alerts does not have an RSS feed; so we can't do a search that way.   And it ignores  ?outputAs=RSS (or ?outputAs=rss) but if we had a feed for that and it was complete (or cached) searching it would be trivial.

FYI

Robert
    ---

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 1:53 AM