One Care Firewall Blocking 64 bit Vista RRS feed

• Question

•  

I'm unable to connect to my Vista 32 Home Premium PC that has the One Care Firewall from either of my Vista 64 Home premium PCs. I can see all the other XP machines from the Vista 64's and I can see the 64 from the 32 but can not see the Vista 32 from the Vista 64. What is missing? File and print sharing is on, autodiscovery is on, on both PC's.
    Sunday, August 31, 2008 4:13 PM

Answers

• Yes, the problem is solved. Apparently after installing the new Vista 64 machines in the network the Vista 32 One Care firewall was unable to get the names right. So the solution was to reboot the Vista 32 machine so it would refresh the firewall and network information. I did not need to uninstall and reinstall OneCare from any of the PCs as instructed by the online help center. Thank you.

Monday, September 1, 2008 7:30 PM

All replies

• Is the location set to "Home or Work"?

Sunday, August 31, 2008 7:51 PM
  • Yes, the problem is solved. Apparently after installing the new Vista 64 machines in the network the Vista 32 One Care firewall was unable to get the names right. So the solution was to reboot the Vista 32 machine so it would refresh the firewall and network information. I did not need to uninstall and reinstall OneCare from any of the PCs as instructed by the online help center. Thank you.

Monday, September 1, 2008 7:30 PM