Re: can't update AV and SW RRS feed

• Question

• I have the same problem, and I have got to the stage of the uninstall and reinstall of onecare.

The procedure description says that I will lose all custom settings. How can I see to record all the custom settings so I can insert them again. I am especially concerned with firewall ports. It took me a lot of effort to get the ports enabled for the games I play - so they would work properly. I don't want to go through that again. Or... is there a configuration file I can save (before I uninstall) then write back into the Onecare environment that will continue my port settings?

Sunday, January 6, 2008 2:21 AM

Answers

• I found your post in the archive folder that will be removed soon. You should not have to reinstall OneCare to resolve update issues except in limited cases. Assuming your case does require a reinstall, unfortunately, there is no function to save your settings and import them once again, though this has been requested before.

You will need to make a note of the settings used before the uninstall so that they can be manually entered after you reinstall.

-steve

Thursday, January 10, 2008 5:40 PM