Win 7 System Restore - cannot turn on RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir or Ms:

I cannot get 'System Restore' to start on my Windows 7 system, please see the following steps and error message, and could you tell me if MS Fixit would repair this type of problem, thank you:

Go to Control Panel/System and Security/Backup and Restore

CLICK: "Recover system settings or your computer" CLICK: "Open System Restore" -

"System Restore Window", OPENS - Message reads, System Protection is turned off. To turn it back on so you can use System Restore, see TURN SYSTEM RESTORE on or off.

CLICK: on TSR on/off - Window Help and Support opens/ TURN SYSTEM RESTORE on or off - go down to:

"To turn on system protection for a particular disk - CLICK ON: opens

1. Click to open System. - CLICK ON THIS : OPENS Control Panel/System and Security/System

In Left Panel Click On: SYSTEM PROTECTION  this  OPENS SYSTEM PROPERTIES WINDOW

Protection Settings, show - Available Drives = RECOVERY             Protection is OFF

Available Drives = OS (C:) (System)    Protection is OFF

Available Drives = OS (C:) (Missing)     Protection is ON 

Configure restore settings, ........... CLICK ON: SYSTEM PROTECTION for RECOVERY WINDOW, opens

Restore Settings, show - "Turn off system protection" is highlighted, "Only restore previous version of files", is not highlighted and is active. If it is activated and "APPLY" is CLICKED:  ERROR MESSAGE READS - " Could not apply the setting for the following reason: The filename, directory name, or volume lable syntax is incorrect. (0x8007007B) Please close Property Page and try again. 

Thank You,

RFA

Monday, August 6, 2012 7:48 PM