WHS Connector not connecting! RRS feed

• Question

• Windows home server has suddenly stopped connecting.

I have tried a fresh install, and the install dialogue asks me for the administrator password and then I get:

An unknown network error has occurred.

Please verify that your network connection is active and that your WIndows Home Server is powered on. Then restart this Wizard.

I am able to connect to the server using RDP and access to the shared folders is fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sunday, September 2, 2007 12:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Can you see if these topics help:

Link1 and Link2

Also sometimes, uninstall the connectoe then install it from the WHS share folder "software".
    ALso try to run "discovery.exe from from your client:
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server\"

My best.
    Sunday, September 2, 2007 1:39 PM

All replies

•  joewalch wrote:

Windows home server has suddenly stopped connecting.

I have tried a fresh install, and the install dialogue asks me for the administrator password and then I get:

An unknown network error has occurred.

Please verify that your network connection is active and that your WIndows Home Server is powered on. Then restart this Wizard.

I am able to connect to the server using RDP and access to the shared folders is fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

There are multiple posts regarding this issue on this forum.  Have you tried those suggestions yet?  If not, try searching for "WHS Connector" and "unknown network error" (you should get a lot of hits for those topics).

Sunday, September 2, 2007 1:25 PM
  • Hi,

Can you see if these topics help:

Link1 and Link2

Also sometimes, uninstall the connectoe then install it from the WHS share folder "software".
    ALso try to run "discovery.exe from from your client:
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server\"

My best.
    Sunday, September 2, 2007 1:39 PM