HP WHS reinstall: website isn't working anymore? RRS feed

• Question

• My HP WHS has been working fine for a while.  I recently got into a no boot up state after using some beta addin.  I used the DVD to reinstall the server keeping the data partiion intact.  Almost everything seems to be working with the big exception being the Remote Access website.  When I used the PP2 repair functionality, I get a red X next to: "Verying that your remote Web site is available locally".  Since I'm not able to browse to the site locally, this makes sense.  Any ideas on how to fix it? or further diagnose it?
    Thanks.
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 7:00 PM

All replies

• Can you access the remote access web site from another location? Starbucks? Local library?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Thursday, May 14, 2009 1:26 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Nemloc Monday, May 18, 2009 2:06 AM
    Monday, May 11, 2009 5:30 PM
  • You could try to uninstall and reinstall Power Pack 2.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, May 11, 2009 5:54 PM
  • Can you access the remote access web site from another location? Starbucks? Local library?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

No.  I can access the homepage itself but the Log On button as well as the two HP MediaSmart Server Home Page & HP MediaSmart Server Webshare links don't work.  Neither link nor the button work and all three take me to a cannot display page error.
    Monday, May 18, 2009 2:05 AM
  • Tried reinstalling the server from the dvd and also just pp2.  Neither operation fixed it.  I don't want to wipe my data off and I'm not sure that would actually be any better than the reinstall.
    Monday, May 18, 2009 2:07 AM
  • Tried reinstalling the server from the dvd and also just pp2.  Neither operation fixed it.  I don't want to wipe my data off and I'm not sure that would actually be any better than the reinstall.

I assume you mean you ran Server Recovery?  If so, did you install any add-ins/apps after running the Server Recovery?
    • Marked as answer by Jonas Svensson -FST- Saturday, June 13, 2009 1:23 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Nemloc Saturday, June 13, 2009 3:09 AM
    Monday, May 18, 2009 11:12 PM

I assume you mean you ran Server Recovery?  If so, did you install any add-ins/apps after running the Server Recovery?

No add-ins.  Just a straight recovery.
    Saturday, June 13, 2009 3:09 AM
  • No add-ins.  Just a straight recovery.

You could try running Server Recovery again.  If that doesn't work, my suggestion would be to contact HP support for assistance.
    Saturday, June 13, 2009 3:40 PM