How do I change the time windows allows to close an application during restart/shuthown??? RRS feed

• General discussion

• With my new laptop with WinXP Pro SP2 installed I am only given a few seconds to choose to save/discard changes made to files open in running applications when a shutdown/reboot occurs. This did not happen with any of my previous machines and I am annoyed that I am not given time to save my files when a reboot occurs.

For example I have an Excel session open and auto update decides to reboot my system. Suddenly I am given a choice to save or discard my work. By the time I decipher and start to act on the message the application is closed. There are occasions as well where request a restart and did not realize I had unsaved work open in an application. The same thing happens.

I have not been able to find any help for this delema after a couple hours of searching help files and using Google.

HELP PLEASE.
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Wednesday, October 7, 2009 8:27 PM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Wednesday, October 7, 2009 8:27 PM Off topic. (From:Windows Live OneCare Update)
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 8:24 PM

All replies