Lost WinXP Pro Installation Disk RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Experts,

My winXP is running very slowly. I do a daily scan with the AVG free edition which indicates there are no problems. I also ran additional checks  with Spybot, Adaware, I don't appear to have any deadly viruses or malware or things like that.

So after tossing out junk and old infrequently used programs, cleaning the registry  with SmartPC 4 

I looked at the Windows folder itself. There I was surprised to see almost ninety files with names like

$NtuninstallKB8900$.

I can only assume they are being generated by the automatic  XP updating from MS, or maybe not?

So as I don't have anything specially importyant that is not back up to DVD, I decided that maybe a reinstallation would get me back to the original speed. That was when  I discovered my loss.

I sadly  seem to have dumped in the trash bin my Installation disk for winxp pro,

bought in Madrid  7th Sept 2007. 

I fortunately scanned the  sales receipt and I have the serial number  stuck behind the PC monitor.

I have run the MGADiad.exe program which returns validation status :Genuine and i have copied the result to a gif file.

Help please

Fred

madrid

Spain

Monday, November 5, 2007 7:36 PM

Answers