none
Help Understanding the Diagonistic Tool Result RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am looking for information on how to interpret the MGA Diagnostic Tool results . I work for one of the support center for MS. However the training material does not talk about MGA Diagnostic Tool. I would be happy if some one could guide me to a training resource article on How to interpret the Diagonstic results.

KIT is not being of much help

Thanks

Monday, May 9, 2011 11:05 AM

Answers

• Hi Jaskie1831,

The Diagnostic Report is tricky. Sometime one line will tell you what the problem is and sometime multiple lines will just suggest what the issue might be. However, I would be happy to help you with it in any way I can. 

You said you work in a Microsoft Support Center, it's been a long time since I worked in phone support (the last time was during Y2K) so I am not sure how the support centers are set up now days.  If your Outlook (or your Manager or Lead) has access to the Microsoft Corporate Global Address Listing (GAL) you should be able to find me by searching for Darin Smith.  There doesn't appear to be any other Darin Smiths in the company right now so I should be the only one you find.  Send me an email or give me a call during normal work hours (the phone number listed is my Cell Phone).

Sorry I can't give you my email over the forums, if I did, you just know I'd get swamped with spam and such.

Thank you,

Darin MS
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:33 PM

All replies

• "Jackie1831" wrote in message news:855eeb50-7cd4-4c3e-9bf3-c28e558162bd...

Hi I am looking for information on how to interpret the MGA Diagnostic Tool results . I work for one of the support center for MS. However the training material does not talk about MGA Diagnostic Tool. I would be happy if some one could guide me to a training resource article on How to interpret the Diagonstic results.

KIT is not being of much help

Thanks

I suggest that you contact Darin - all us volunteers learn the hard way :)

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, May 9, 2011 11:45 AM
  • This is a user to user forum.  You need to talk to your lead.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Monday, May 9, 2011 12:27 PM
    Answerer
  • Did raise a request on this, waiting to hear from the LDM

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 6:03 AM
  • Hi Jaskie1831,

The Diagnostic Report is tricky. Sometime one line will tell you what the problem is and sometime multiple lines will just suggest what the issue might be. However, I would be happy to help you with it in any way I can. 

You said you work in a Microsoft Support Center, it's been a long time since I worked in phone support (the last time was during Y2K) so I am not sure how the support centers are set up now days.  If your Outlook (or your Manager or Lead) has access to the Microsoft Corporate Global Address Listing (GAL) you should be able to find me by searching for Darin Smith.  There doesn't appear to be any other Darin Smiths in the company right now so I should be the only one you find.  Send me an email or give me a call during normal work hours (the phone number listed is my Cell Phone).

Sorry I can't give you my email over the forums, if I did, you just know I'd get swamped with spam and such.

Thank you,

Darin MS
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:33 PM
  • "Darin Smith MS" wrote in message news:cbb4480f-becd-467a-ae2a-a7cf63dcf09c...

Send me an email or give me a call during normal work hours (the phone number listed is my Cell Phone).

Hmmm - whose work hours? <g>
    IIRC, you're in Redmond, while Jackie's in CST (GMT-6)
    The more the merrier :)

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:40 PM