none
WiFi-Direct Connection between Windows and Linux(Ubuntu) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using the WiFi-Direct application from the Windows Universal Samples package to establish a connection between a Windows machine and a Linux (Ubuntu) machine which uses WPA Supplicant.

The WiFi Direct application works fine between two Windows machines.
    Likewise, I'm able to connect two Linux machines via WiFi Direct using WPA Supplicant.

But I'm unable to connect the Windows WiFi Direct app with WPA Supplicant on Linux.
    The Windows machine receives a connection request from Linux and, after the necessary credentials are entered, a response is sent back to Linux. But in the Linux machine the authentication fails and connection is not established

I also tried using another app called "WiFi Direct Legacy AP Demo" from the Windows Classic Samples package, but to no avail.

Are there any compatibility issues with Windows WiFi Direct app and WPA Supplicant? If yes, is there any other way to connect a Linux and a Windows machine using WiFi Direct?

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 10:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Kishore A S,

This issue was not related to UWP development, you’d better ask your question on answer site: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us 

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 31, 2017 9:18 AM