Trying to crawl non-existant URLs... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi...

My site is http://www.zamanzar.com

I see 404 errors in my dashboard for some URLs that the MSNBot is trying to access...

For example : http://zamanzar.com/commercial/rent/properties/

These URLs don't exist anywhere on the site, or in the sitemap. It is not possible that these are back-links either...

Google or Yahoo don't have this problem...

How can I troubleshoot this issue?

The second issue is canonicalization one...the crawler sees 2 versions of the site, www and non-www in spite of using 301 redirect from non-www to www one. I guess this is a known issue in the crawler, right?

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 8:59 AM

Answers

•  

Both: please send log file excerpts to lswmc@microsoft.com and we will look into the issue. Also include any "nonexistent" URLs that you have found in our index and I will get them removed.

Thanks,

Brett

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 4:21 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

I would be glad to help. Would it be possible for you to post a couple log entries so that I may get a better idea of what might be going on? Also, how long has your site been canonicalized?

Thanks!

Brett

Monday, October 20, 2008 7:41 PM
  • I have a similar issue with non-existant pages being indexed and I've done all that I can with a sitemap and other SEO strategies.

They are not only coming up in search results, but they are showing as the sitelinks for my site.  So I guess I'm wondering how I can get rid of the non-existant page links for at least my main sitelinks and this would also be a suggestion to allow blocking of bad sitelinks like Google offers.

Thanks!

-Ryan

Monday, October 27, 2008 7:59 PM
  •  

Both: please send log file excerpts to lswmc@microsoft.com and we will look into the issue. Also include any "nonexistent" URLs that you have found in our index and I will get them removed.

Thanks,

Brett

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 4:21 PM
  • Hi Brett,

I tried to mail on
    lswmc@microsoft.com but the mail bounced. Sad

- Sumedh
    (Zamanzar.com)
    Friday, November 28, 2008 11:50 AM
  • I sent an e-mail on 4/29/09 with the relevant information - can you confirm this was received or that someone is looking into this?  Thank you!
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 9:03 PM