none
How to remove security toolbar 7.1 from my computer? RRS feed

• Question

• I have windows vista installed. I tried to use Spyware doctor, system restore, all failed.
    Sunday, September 30, 2007 4:58 AM

Answers

• Security Toolbar 7.1 is dangerous toolbar and comes from very dangerous trojan zlob. It hijack your homepage and
    displays fake warning message to download the another fake spyware applications... If your computer is infected with Security Toolbar 7.1 hijacker then its very dangerous for your computer.

Security Toolbar 7.1 Symptoms:-

User's homepage is changed to asecurityupdate.com or to other unfamiliar websites. Warning messages such as "Virus Alert", "Your Computer is Infected", "Security Alert" Trojan-Spy.win32@mx or Spyware.Cyberlog-X infections are displayed.

I got all the information about this spyware from the below link and there you can also remove it by using the manual and
    automatic process..

http://www.pcontech.com/security-toolbar...

Your computer has a Smitfraud infection.

The standard tool to remove this pest is SmitfraudFix. The full removal procedure and the free removal tool is here:
    http://siri.urz.free.fr/fix/smitfraudfix...

Almost all "general purpose","all-in one" spyware and virus removal programs such as AVG, Norton, or Spybot S & D cannot remove it.

Good luck.

Sunday, September 30, 2007 12:13 PM
  • Try using Kaspersky. Its great at handling malicious programs like spyware.
    Sunday, September 30, 2007 12:12 PM

All replies

• Try using Kaspersky. Its great at handling malicious programs like spyware.
    Sunday, September 30, 2007 12:12 PM
  • Security Toolbar 7.1 is dangerous toolbar and comes from very dangerous trojan zlob. It hijack your homepage and
    displays fake warning message to download the another fake spyware applications... If your computer is infected with Security Toolbar 7.1 hijacker then its very dangerous for your computer.

Security Toolbar 7.1 Symptoms:-

User's homepage is changed to asecurityupdate.com or to other unfamiliar websites. Warning messages such as "Virus Alert", "Your Computer is Infected", "Security Alert" Trojan-Spy.win32@mx or Spyware.Cyberlog-X infections are displayed.

I got all the information about this spyware from the below link and there you can also remove it by using the manual and
    automatic process..

http://www.pcontech.com/security-toolbar...

Your computer has a Smitfraud infection.

The standard tool to remove this pest is SmitfraudFix. The full removal procedure and the free removal tool is here:
    http://siri.urz.free.fr/fix/smitfraudfix...

Almost all "general purpose","all-in one" spyware and virus removal programs such as AVG, Norton, or Spybot S & D cannot remove it.

Good luck.

Sunday, September 30, 2007 12:13 PM
  •  

You can remove Security Toolbar 7.1 by running "smitfraudfix" and then right after run "superantispyware". Both are free programs with full scan and removal tools. (You have to do both, one after the other with your internet connection shut down and no other programs running) The most important thing to do is when you run "superantispyware", to make it the most effective in removing Security Toolbar 7.1 is to configure the scanner options (most important!!!). If this is not done the virus will not be removed.

First update the program definitions then click the preferences button (Under Configuration and Preferences) then Click the scanning control Tab then under scanner options make sure the following are checked : 1)Close browsers before scanning    2)Scan for tracking cookies   3)Terminate memory threats before quarantining   and then make sure you leave all the other boxes unchecked.

DO NOT, I say DO NOT Check scan only known file types. It is on when you first download the program as a default. With this checked, it will never find the hidden virus. 

When the above 3 boxes are checked and all others are not checked, then you want to click the close button to leave the Control Center Screen.

Now on the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software, click scan your computer. On the left check C: \Fixed drive and on the right, under Complete Scan, choose perform complete scan. click next to start scan.

Now note this : This scan took me about 8 HOURS to complete. I let it run all night. This is a deep scan be patient!!!

After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK. Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then Click next. It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, Click yes. This should rid your system of security toolbar 7.1 and the pop ups attached with the virus. If by chance this does not work for you as it did for me, download Hijackthis (also free) but be careful with what you check for it to remove. It is a powerful anti-virus tool but it sometimes will identify good files along with the bad. If you don't know which files to check for removal send information ( these programs generate log files you can right click and copy) to someone who knowledgeable of what to look for.

Finding this solution took me about a week, that security toolbar 7.1 virus drove me crazy!!! but its gone now!!!!!!

P.S. save a restore point when your computer is clean also if any previous restore points are logged they may have the virus delete them.

Saturday, November 10, 2007 12:58 AM
  • Also i found out you can use the free program called "Hijackthis". This is a good tool that can identify the security toolbar 7.1 virus files and location in registry. It will give the report showing its location. In my computer it was c:\windows\system32\dupuluac.dll This file dupuluac.dll can be found in several locations use : start> Run then type: regedit then click OK. This will open the registry editor. Now all you have to do is click on "edit" then click on "find". This will open the search window. Type the file name dupuluac then click "find next" to start the search. Check each location : My computor then HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT  then HKEY_CURRENT_USER then HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then HKEY_USERS and last HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG

Delete every location the dupulac.dll file is found also do the same search using the term security toolbar and do the same using 11A69AE4-FBED-48-45AF82825583 (you have to use the "HIJACKTHIS" scan report as a guide to the security toolbar location and file name) your computer may have different locations and or file name that i have one my system. But in the HIJACHTHIS report the name security toolbar does show along with its locations.

THE ABOVE ITEMS WERE ON MY COMPUTER AND ALL REFERENCED THE SECURITY TOOLBAR 7.1 VIRUS.

This is a manual operation and will take time. After you have deleted all security toolbar locations and associated file name, run a scan using "SUPERANTISPYWARE" ( also a free scan and virus removal tool ) using the same settings in the previous post from me and then reboot.

Watch out if you miss any files the security toolbar 7.1 will regenerate. 

GOOD LUCK

Sunday, November 11, 2007 11:48 PM
  • The security toolbar 7.1  file i found in C:\Windows\system32\dupulac.dll had an extenstion of .dllbox it looked like this C:\Windows\system32\dupulac.dllbox This is a tatic to help keep the virus from being deleted. The "HIJACKTHIS" program did not pick up this extension. so i suggest you look for it manually in the system32 file. Also from what i read on the internet this file has the ability to change. I believe the .dllbox file is the regernative file. After i deleted it the 2  fake icons on my desk top went away and the pop ups.

"HIJACKTHIS" scan show no bad files.....The computer runs OK
    Tuesday, November 13, 2007 1:52 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks a lot for your information. My computer got infected and then I used your procedure and it worked.

I appreciate your help.

-Abhay

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 3:20 PM
  • Thanx guys, it helped!

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 7:22 PM
  • Its a important question.
    Tuesday, November 20, 2007 4:05 AM

• wat is security toolbar...?
    Tuesday, November 20, 2007 1:42 PM
  • Its a virus that creates popups and hijacks your home page. It makes fake security warnings and icons appear on your computers desk top in order to get you to download and pay for a removal program that does not work. It is rooted in your computers registry, memory and files. It has the ability to regenerate and change the .dll file and creates a .dllbox file (found in the system32 folder and in the registry) when the file is deleted. It also will start up in safe mode! Use "Hijackthis" and "SuperantiSpyware" also use "vundofix" in this order ( all are free) to locate the security tool bar instructions and delete it or use the manuel way as stated in my prior posts.

Sunday, December 9, 2007 3:18 AM
  • PLS CAN  U GUIDE ME ON HOW TO REMOVE THIS TOOLBAR ACCIDENTLY I HV DOWNLOADED THIS

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 6:52 PM
  • Try some good antivirus ........
    Wednesday, January 2, 2008 2:19 PM
  • It worked.  Thank you so much!

Sunday, February 24, 2008 1:35 PM
  • Please let me know how to remove Security Toolbar 7.1 from moy computer.

Friday, April 11, 2008 7:25 PM
  • Thanks so much! thanks for sharing your solution you are a genious! I liked those programs were for free and I did what you adviced disconnecting my internet cable while running the programs after I loaded in the same order you adviced. I just plugged again the internet cable to update definitions. This is the best anwer!

Thursday, June 12, 2008 8:07 AM