Trying to cancel my subscription to Windows Live OneCare Online backup RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am wondering if I can ask for some help with cancelling my subscription to the Live OneCare Online backup service (due for automatic renewal on the 18th December 2008)? I am based in the U.K.

First of all, I signed into Microsoft Billing and Account Management and attempted to Cancel my service but that didn't work and it re-directed me to another website saying I must contact Customer Support. I was then presented with a list of eight other websites to visit. I clicked on the Windows Live OneCare link, which took me to MSN.com. I can now understand this other user's frustration.

Anyway, I followed the advice given by Stephen Boots which resulted in me trying to contact Billing Support on the telephone number provided but I got a recorded message, by an American lady, saying "Your call cannot be completed as dialled. Please check the number and dial again." I eventually found a link to contact Billing Support via a website and submitted an electronic query to cancel my subscription yesterday evening but I have just received this reply:

Hi ******,

Thank you for contacting Windows Live OneCare Account and Billing support.  I appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your cancellation request.

To cancel your service, please contact our Cancellations team at ***-***-**** and select Cancel An Account or Billing from the menu.

If you are interested in subscribing to Windows Live OneCare in the future, please visit http://onecare.live.com .

Thank you again for contacting Windows Live OneCare Account and Billing Support. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Jason

I have blanked out the telephone number - unfortunately it is the same number I called yesterday which resulted in that recorded message saying my call cannot be completed. Maybe they can't accept calls from outside the U.S.A.?

So I can't telephone anyone, nor can I use the Microsoft Billing and Account Management website or use the Billing Support website to cancel my service.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

rastrus.

P.S. I will also need to cancel my subscription to Windows Live OneCare.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 6:25 PM

Answers

• Hello Rastrus, send an e-mail to jrap107@msn.com with One Care in the subject line and I will help you contact support in the U.K.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 6:49 PM

All replies