CRM 4.0: Problem with a custom ASPX page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am trying to deploy a custom ASPX page in CRM 4.0. It was build in .NET 3.5 SP1 because it contains a Silverlight control. To make matters worse, I cannot have it as a separate website on the server. The reason behind it is that the ASP part of it is using some native CRM resources to achieve the same look and feel (for example a Look Up control).

Any tips on how to do this?

So far I have put it in the ISV folder. Ideally it will be in an IFRAME in one of my entities. Currently, to test it, I simply try to access it by http://localhost:5555/ISV/MyWebsite/page.aspx however when I do this I get a generic error prompting me to close the window (http://i36.tinypic.com/2gtzvde.jpg).

In the event log I get only a Warning containing a lot of stuff but one of them is :

Exception information:
        Exception type: HttpParseException
        Exception message: Could not load type 'MyCustomNamespace.MyCustomPage'.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Stefan

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 6:57 PM

Answers

• try not to put it in a folder? try creating a new website is IIS also.

the warning is saying that it cannot find the member 'MyCustomPage' in namespace 'MyCustomNamespace'

Thursday, October 9, 2008 5:19 AM
  • Looks from the warning like it cannot load the compiled code - is the assembly compiled into a dll, and if so, where is is deployed ?
    Thursday, October 9, 2008 9:28 AM

All replies

• try not to put it in a folder? try creating a new website is IIS also.

the warning is saying that it cannot find the member 'MyCustomPage' in namespace 'MyCustomNamespace'

Thursday, October 9, 2008 5:19 AM
  • Looks from the warning like it cannot load the compiled code - is the assembly compiled into a dll, and if so, where is is deployed ?
    Thursday, October 9, 2008 9:28 AM
  • Thanks for the replies. I guess I wasn't sure how to read the generic CRM error message. It turns out that, as you suggested, there is a big in the custom page itself.

Thursday, October 9, 2008 10:06 PM