locked
Unable to Change Domain Logon Name You do not have the necessary permissions to change the domain logon name for this user. RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have crm online version, everything was ok for all the plugins , but suddenly I always get this error on every plugin registered synchronously but there is no problem with plugins registered asynchronously .

    Error is "

    Unable to Change Domain Logon Name

    You do not have the necessary permissions to change the domain logon name for this user."

    Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: Access Denied. Reference number for administrators or support: #2D113C16Detail: 
    <OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2011/Contracts">
      <ErrorCode>-2147187707</ErrorCode>
      <ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic" />
      <Message>Access Denied. Reference number for administrators or support: #2D113C16</Message>
      <Timestamp>2013-09-23T07:29:28.4905539Z</Timestamp>
      <InnerFault i:nil="true" />
      <TraceText>


    Zarour


    • Edited by zarour Monday, September 23, 2013 8:00 AM
    Monday, September 23, 2013 7:57 AM

All replies

  • Thanks, but this solution doesn't work on Online deployment it can be applied only for on-premise deployment.

    Zarour

    Monday, September 23, 2013 8:46 AM
  • Hi,

    Oops I have ignored your first line itself.

    What action you are performing in plugin? Did you try with different user? Would you please post code?

    Thanks!

    Monday, September 23, 2013 9:09 AM
  • Thanks,

    The plugin is a test plugin that just throws an IpluginexecutionException message.


    Zarour

    Monday, September 23, 2013 11:11 AM
  • Hi, i have the same problem. Have you find a solution?

    Thanks


    Roberto

    Thursday, September 26, 2013 7:16 AM
  • No, but I have opened a support ticket with Microsoft support and I'm waiting, I will tell you when it is solved.

    Zarour

    Thursday, September 26, 2013 7:20 AM
  • Thanks a lot.

    I have done several searches but no one, except us, seems to have this problem..

    Roberto

    Thursday, September 26, 2013 8:07 AM
  • You are not the only one!

    We have the same Problem with one customer. All Plugins stopped to work for one CRM Online organization.
    (Unable to Change Domain Logon Name - error code 2147187707)

    Another Test Organization for the same customer ist working, because they have the same Versions of plugins it shouldn't be a Problem of the Plugins.

    Microsoft Support tells us, that they don't support third-party Plugins.

    This is a real pitty.

    There is one hint that colleagues had contact with the CRM Online Support because of a generic SQL Server error they saw, when talking to this organization over webservices / CRM SDK. Microsoft could have changed then something on this organization like tracing, etc. After this the Overall Plugin Problems started.

    SO PLEASE: MICROSOFT DON'T LET THE CRM ONLINE BELIEVERS ALONE.

    Thursday, September 26, 2013 1:52 PM
  • Hi,

    this morning the plugin started to work properly on CRM 2011 ONLINE, without carrying out any work

    Roberto

    Monday, September 30, 2013 8:25 AM
  • Hi

    I just encounted the same problem in a Dynamics 365 on-prem environment. The error occured when I tried to update an Account. It turned out the the error was caused by a failing plugin. After some trial and error I discovered that there was a problem with running plugins in sandbox mode on the server. An article I found points to the need to open for port 808 in the firewall. I have not tried this since I don't have access to the firewall. Instead I tried changing the Isolation mode on the failing plugin from "Sandbox" mode to "None". That fixed the issue!


    Kind regards, Thomas Rath

    Friday, July 14, 2017 8:28 AM
  • Got the same problem, and I solved it.

    First you need to go to "Information Services (IIS) Manager", click on "Application Tools", then right click on CRMAppTool, "Advanced Settings", next to "Identity", click on "...", select "Custom Account", enter the Account Name and Password you are using in the CRM organization.

    DONE!

    Try again.

    Wednesday, November 1, 2017 6:45 AM