none
Google & its AdWords RRS feed

• Question

• Google looks set for a court battle after a US judge refused to dismiss the latest lawsuit against the search giant's AdWords system. District Court Judge Jeremy Fogel ruled that the public has an interest in whether AdWords represents an abuse of US trademark law.

US retailer American Blinds and Wallpaper took Google to court after its rivals were advertised alongside search results for its own business. Under the pay-per-click AdWords system, related adverts appear on a page of search results. This means that if a user searches for McDonald's, for example, an advert for Burger King or another rival may appear next to the results.
    Tuesday, April 24, 2007 11:17 AM

All replies

• AdWords represents an abuse of US trademark law??????
    Wednesday, April 25, 2007 11:39 AM
  • i guess this is not gonna be a easy task for google
    Wednesday, April 25, 2007 5:06 PM
  • OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

may google wil win this case........

becoz if adworks are removed from google then lakhs of people will goona to suffer..

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 7:22 PM
  • I am with u Akshat
    Sunday, April 29, 2007 7:15 PM
  • Dear Friend,

Me too with Yogesh!

Regards,

Saturday, May 5, 2007 9:42 AM
  • I dont think we need to worry, cause a lot of companies have invested in Google AdWords, shutting it down will be a big loss for them. Anyway Google AdWords, has revolutionalised online advertising. You cant shut down innovation, can you? What do you think?
    Saturday, May 5, 2007 11:28 AM
  • ahh...its just that the lawyers want to get money from the google people...so they are trying their puny trciks, because who knows they might end up getting some million dollar richer,...by just telling google to settle the issue by paying penalty.... but for google, it wont stop the business as usual.....
    Saturday, May 5, 2007 8:55 PM
  • Let the war of the titans begin Smile
    Monday, June 11, 2007 6:13 AM
  • Actually, the words cannot be copyrighted by anyone.. Hence the lawsuit against Google is sure to fail...

Also, Google adwords is beneficial to customers, they can make out the best deal when they know abt all the products available in the market.. It helps to prevent monopoly..

Monday, June 11, 2007 6:34 AM
  • i was kicked out of adsense!!!
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 11:20 AM