while upgrading the MS CRM 4.0 to MS CRM 2011 i got some errors and i have some doubts please help me to clarify those errors and doubts RRS feed

• Question

• while upgrading the MS CRM 4.0 to MS CRM 2011 i got some errors and i have some doubts please help me to clarify those errors and doubts

in the Custom pages

A.          Custom Pages: Below we have given the name and the functionality of the custom pages and buttons.

·          Send Quote with Email Attachment (Send as PDF) on quote entity:

This button will create an email record and generate the report in PDF format for this Quote Record and then it will attach this Quote report in the newly created email. And open the newly created email. Currently this functionality is not working in the CRMSERVER 4 as well as CRMSERVER11. If you want to work with the CRM 2011 then we need to design a Quote report and upload it on the report server, and write the code to create the email and generate and attach this report into this email.

give me any better solution for this problem

Monday, November 14, 2011 9:32 AM

Answers

• The Send Quote with Email Attachment (Send as PDF) is not part of a standard CRM 4 installation. It sounds like you have purchased an add-on from a vendor or had someone develop the add-in for you. In which case, it is understandable that the add-in might not work after an upgrade. You will have to liaise with the provider of the add-in to ensure that it works in CRM 2011.  If the add-in won't work in CRM 2011 then I would recommend that you uninstall it before upgrading and then install a CRM2011 version of the add-in after the upgrade.

Thursday, November 17, 2011 6:53 AM