Filtering SubGrid in Assign Records Mode (when clicking lens Icon) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team

I have a sub grid with (+) button - its behaves as Assigning records when clicking the + button since it was N:N relations. So I need to filter some records for assigning..

Thru JavaScript i have am filtering some records based on the some lookup field in the form. if i am setting the Data Source property of the sub grid to "All record types" Then the "+" button behaves like adding new entity with new page.

if i set the data source property of sub grid to "Related Records" , then "+" is changed to assigning mode but the filter thru java script is not applying. its shows all the records. But i need to filter some records.

So is there any way to filter the records when i am clicking Lens icons in the assignment mode?. 

i am filtering by below code. 

filter = "Some xml to filter the entity"

if (Grid == null) { //The caseGrid hasn't loaded, wait 1 second and then try again setTimeout(CaseFilterToCaseGrid, 2000); return; } Grid.control.SetParameter("fetchXML",filter); Grid.control.Refresh();

Image Reference

Regards, Praba.

Thursday, May 7, 2015 2:57 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Altering the Lookup View for the target entity should reflect on this lookup as well.

Cornel Croitoriu - Senior Software Developer

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Biz-Forward.comCroitoriu.NET

Thursday, May 7, 2015 6:52 AM