CRM 2011 - Pie Chart of Orders, broken down by Parent Account? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I've only posted once before, when we were on CRM 4.0 (thanks again for the help then!). We're recently switched to CRM 2011 , which has brought up new questions.

In particularly, I've been trying to create a specific chart for one of our users, but I've had no luck getting it correct and I wondered if it was possible at all?

We use Parent Accounts and Sub-Accounts on our system. Specifically, one of our users deals with Trade this way. What we are interested in is a pie chart for her dashboard that shows Orders per Parent Account for a specific time period. So, for instance, she may have 5 Parent Accounts, and each account has 10+ (if not hundreds) of Sub-Accounts.

So far, I've only managed to get the pie chart to show orders that were fulfilled under the Parent Account, which is inaccurate as it shows only a handful of orders when there were numerous under their Sub-Accounts - or, the other chart shows ALL of the Sub-Accounts with no indication whom the Parent Account is.

What we really need is a chart that runs off something like the Associated View on the Parent Account that shows all the orders from its Sub-Accounts, but it displays in the chart as the Parent Account.

Does that make sense? Sorry, it's a little difficult to explain, I think.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 3:14 PM

Answers

• Hi David,

What you are trying to achieve is possible but not the way you are trying :). You are going to need to create SSRS report with sub-report which can show the parent account and child / sub report can take parent account as parameter and prepare a chart of accounts won etc. 

You can then embed your report in Dashboard. Please bare in mind this way you cannot drill down to the details as you can with normal chart on Dashbaord.

Hope this helps.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Minal Dahiya
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

• Marked as answer by L I David Friday, February 22, 2013 2:42 PM
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 12:57 AM

All replies

• Hi David,

What you are trying to achieve is possible but not the way you are trying :). You are going to need to create SSRS report with sub-report which can show the parent account and child / sub report can take parent account as parameter and prepare a chart of accounts won etc. 

You can then embed your report in Dashboard. Please bare in mind this way you cannot drill down to the details as you can with normal chart on Dashbaord.

Hope this helps.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Minal Dahiya
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

• Marked as answer by L I David Friday, February 22, 2013 2:42 PM
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 12:57 AM
  • Hi Minal,

Thank you for your reply. I've not had much experience with SSRS reports yet. I was able to achieve something close to what I needed, but not quite there. However, I think that's more a fault with my understanding of reports than anything else. :) Thank you for your help - it's definitely shown me the right direction to take. I just need to wrangle some time to look further into the reports.

Kind Regards,

L I David

• Edited by L I David Friday, February 22, 2013 2:44 PM Grammar
    Friday, February 22, 2013 2:42 PM