"Cannot display webpage" message when attempting to work offline with my CRM Oulook Client. RRS feed

• Question

• I am using MS CRM Dynamics 4.0 and MS Outlook 2007 with Windows 7 on an Exchange network.  When I unplug my network cable, I can no longer see my CRM data.  Before I unplug, I press the Go Offline button.  when I run the sync process, it seems to run correctly and does not give me errors or warnings.

When I am offline and try to access my contacts, it gives me a message "This program cannot display the web page".

What is strange is I know I used to be able to access my data offline.  What should I look for in my settings?  Help please.

Monday, June 21, 2010 7:51 PM

Answers

• Hi David, I think one of the problems for the "experts" is that very few people are running Windows 7 in a CRM test environment, so it's very difficult for other people to quickly test the scenario themselves. They are all volunteers too, so teasing them for failing to help you for free probably won't help your cause.

Have you tried syncing to a different computer? Does the sync issue affect other users too or just your PC? What edition of SQL Server is installed on the client and is it patched? What version of the .NET framework is installed and is it patched?

Regards, Neil

Neil Benson, CRM Addict at Customery Ltd.You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter, and you're welcome to sign up to Customery, an online community for UK-based Dynamics CRM people.

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, June 24, 2010 4:37 PM
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 3:58 PM
  • Hi David, if you have upgraded your computer to Windows 7, then you will need to reinstall Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook. Your in-house techs should have tested this before upgrading your PC to Windows 7. If you have any problems in the future, you should contact your company's IT department first. This forum is full of wonderful geeks that are happy to help, but I have trouble keeping up with some of them too: we're a pretty technical bunch ; )

Regards, Neil

Neil Benson, CRM Addict at Customery Ltd.You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter, and you're welcome to sign up to Customery, an online community for UK-based Dynamics CRM people.

• Marked as answer by Davidjungling Friday, February 25, 2011 8:57 PM
    Monday, June 28, 2010 12:15 PM

All replies

• Do you have any custom code for this entity?
    Blake Scarlavai - http://mscrmdev.blogspot.com/ - Sonoma Partners - http://www.sonomapartners.com/
    Monday, June 21, 2010 9:42 PM
  • I do not know what you are asking me.  In my mind, it seems like there should be a simple answer to my problem.  Like, a setting or something.

Have I stumpted the experts? :-)

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 9:41 PM
  • Hi David, I think one of the problems for the "experts" is that very few people are running Windows 7 in a CRM test environment, so it's very difficult for other people to quickly test the scenario themselves. They are all volunteers too, so teasing them for failing to help you for free probably won't help your cause.

Have you tried syncing to a different computer? Does the sync issue affect other users too or just your PC? What edition of SQL Server is installed on the client and is it patched? What version of the .NET framework is installed and is it patched?

Regards, Neil

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, June 24, 2010 4:37 PM
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 3:58 PM
  • Neil,

thanks for the reply and thanks also for pointing out to me that this forum consists of volunteers offering free help.  Sorry about teasing.  I am just getting frustrated because I cannot look up my contacts when I travel. 

I do not know the answers to your questions but I will forward this to one of our inhouse techs.  You may be right about the Windows 7.  I upgraded this laptop to Windows 7 and that just MAY have been when it stopped working.

Have a great weekend.

David

Friday, June 25, 2010 3:52 PM
  • Neil,

Here are some answers to your questions.

I don't have the resources to try to sync to a different computer.

This problem DOES affect 2 out of 3 computers running Windows 7. 

SQL 2005 express fully patched

These are the versions of .NET I have installed.

V1.0.3705

V1.1.4322

V2.0.50727

V3.0

V3.5

Friday, June 25, 2010 5:50 PM
  • Hi David, if you have upgraded your computer to Windows 7, then you will need to reinstall Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook. Your in-house techs should have tested this before upgrading your PC to Windows 7. If you have any problems in the future, you should contact your company's IT department first. This forum is full of wonderful geeks that are happy to help, but I have trouble keeping up with some of them too: we're a pretty technical bunch ; )

Regards, Neil

• Marked as answer by Davidjungling Friday, February 25, 2011 8:57 PM
    Monday, June 28, 2010 12:15 PM