none
.NET Core 3.1 Enterprise Entity with DB2 RRS feed

All replies

• Hi pczurak,
    I viewed your description. It is recommended to go to IBM Support and you can get more professional answer.
    Thank you for understanding.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 25, 2019 3:13 AM
  • HAHAHA. Very funny!

Have you ever tried using IBM Support? Obviously you have not otherwise you would not be suggesting it - they updated their website and it's worse then it was before and it was a mess before. 

From the answers I am getting nobody has any idea about the status of .NET Core 3.x DB2 EF client, which worries me because it takes IBM years to update anything for .NET.  And .NET Core 2.2 is not supported anymore and there is no DB2 .NET client for .NET 3.1 so we are stuck with .NET 2.2 and developing applications for .NET Core 2.2 or .NET 4.8 or going to Java, maybe that's what IBM wants.

Peter

Thursday, January 9, 2020 1:08 PM
  • I, unfortunately, have the same question and have been beating my head against the IBM sites trying to get an answer.

We are still struggling to get the .NET Core 2.x driver to work with DB2 for z/OS, though it works fine with DB2 for LUW.

One possible solution is to use their REST API to DB2 (at least on the z/OS system.)  I'm just afraid our customers aren't going to be interested exposing their DB2 through REST interface.

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 11:29 PM
  • There is some news on .NET Core 3.1 from IBM, not good if you need it right away and who doesn't, but at least it's something and it looks like .NET Core 3.1 is not dead at IBM.

I just don't understand why they are are so far behind it's not like .NET Core 3.1 was a secret.

IBM's response

Just in-case the above link does not work

"Hi,
     work on .NET Core support is in progress and should be done with in the first half of 2020 or earlier.

Yes, from .NET Core 2.2 to .NET 3.1, it should have been a simple upgrade but we are noticing many breaking changes in MS .NET Core which is affecting our Entity Framework support.

I will be following your messages and would try to provide any updates we have. If you are interested in alpha programs of IBM .NET Core 3.1, please contact IBM customer support indicating the same.

Thanks
    Vishwa

------------------------------
    Vishwa hs
    ------------------------------

"

Peter

Thursday, January 30, 2020 2:47 AM