I earned MCTS in .Net Framework 2.0: Web Applications about 2 years. Should i continue? or jump to newer certifications? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I earned MCTS in .Net Framework 2.0: Web Applications about 2 years. Now 2010 is over and I have to go for MCPD 2.0 which is going to be discontinued in July 2011.  So for reaching to 4.0 MCTS/MCPD i have to take 3 upgrade exams in between.

Why now i start over with .net Framework 4.0? .. what should i do? 

faraz
    Monday, December 27, 2010 12:52 PM

Answers

• Hi faraz,

so you only did the MCTS for ASP.Net 2.0 and you target to become a MCPD?

I would suggest to start over with the 4.0 exams. Everything else means more exams and you need to worry that you run out of time and the exams you got are expired.

The only thing you could think of: Maybe you just want to make the MCPD 3.5 for web development? That is a quick MCPD with just 2 exams if I remember it correctly now. (You got the 70-536 already so it is just the 70-562 and the PRO exam). But that wa, you did no exam with WCF and ADO.Net - but you got an MCPD title quickly.

I decided to not do it that way, beause i do not want to have the WCF / ADO.Net parts included in an upgrade exam (which I expect to be part). Instead I want to train myself properly for each single exam and take all the exams seperately.

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Monday, January 10, 2011 5:02 PM
    Monday, December 27, 2010 1:21 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi faraz,

so you only did the MCTS for ASP.Net 2.0 and you target to become a MCPD?

I would suggest to start over with the 4.0 exams. Everything else means more exams and you need to worry that you run out of time and the exams you got are expired.

The only thing you could think of: Maybe you just want to make the MCPD 3.5 for web development? That is a quick MCPD with just 2 exams if I remember it correctly now. (You got the 70-536 already so it is just the 70-562 and the PRO exam). But that wa, you did no exam with WCF and ADO.Net - but you got an MCPD title quickly.

I decided to not do it that way, beause i do not want to have the WCF / ADO.Net parts included in an upgrade exam (which I expect to be part). Instead I want to train myself properly for each single exam and take all the exams seperately.

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Monday, January 10, 2011 5:02 PM
    Monday, December 27, 2010 1:21 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks Konrad, I was also thinking to start over with 4.0 exams as I already am working on .NET 4.0.

Another was also the option but time runs fast and will need 3 to 4 exams to reach 4.0.

So better be mcts in 2.0 and start with 4.0 directly. 

regards,

Faraz

faraz
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 8:40 AM