Initial Install- WHSv1 on Intel 4200e, Can't seem to get it working RRS feed

• Question

• Picked up one if the Intel 4200s Devices a couple years back, just now getting around to installing it.

Running into what I believe is connector issues. 

Installed WHSv1 with Video riser card, slipstreamed drivers into nlight install package

The server itself appears to up and running. Can get to the internet, have installed all the server2003 updates, can ping the device internally and browse shares. Can TS\RDC into the device but can not install the connector software from anyother machines-all XP at this point. can not connect via browser server:55000

I don't believe any of the Powerpacks are installed, I tried downloading the stand alone for PP1 but when I go to install, it errors out

Couple items of note-

seems after reading through a lot of info, that there should be a 20GB partition that this installed into. My install is using the entire1TB of space.

I currently only have the one drive installed-just for OS and will add others to pool once it appears to be running correctly.

Does it sound like my install is correct? Should I just wipe everything out and start all over?

Open to suggestions

Thanks

I also have a copy of the newest WHS, should I just go ahead and install that and not mess with V1

Will be using mainly for back-ups/storage. Maybe some streaming

• Edited by Breatheasy Tuesday, October 4, 2011 5:05 PM
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 3:27 PM

All replies

• Yes, you have an incorrect installation as there should be a 2oGB partition for the OS, with the rest of the disk allocated to storage. I would try a re-install without slip streaming - it's easy enough to point the install to a drivers disk during the installation. Good luck.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    • Proposed as answer by Phil Harrison Wednesday, October 5, 2011 1:38 PM
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 5:06 PM
  • Well a new install did the trick

Hard to believe that one must still use a floppy drive

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 7:15 AM
  • Well you are using software based on Server 2003! You could have used a USB stick.

Pleased your problem has been resolved

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 1:37 PM
  • ... You could have used a USB stick.

Bear in mind that the only USB devices that will work for driver installation during text mode setup are those that are "driverless", i.e. they appear to be a device setup already knows about and has drivers for. Most flash drives won't work, in other words.

So no, in general when installing V1 the OP could not have used a USB stick.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 3:44 PM