Firewall RRS feed

• Question

•  

I did the firewall download and got the firewall on but with it on I canot connect to the net I go back and turn it off and I can connect. I keep getting a repair bur it will not what am I  to do?
    Wednesday, October 1, 2008 5:45 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the clarification.

Do you have any other security software installed? If you didn't completely remove your prior protection, it can cause this issue. I suggest contacting support for help:

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

For the second issue, that indicates that OneCare believes that there is a critical/important update available from Windows Update that you have not installed. Go to Windows Updates and verify that all important security updates have been installed and that none are hidden or failed. If this is not the case, support can also help with this issue.

-steve

Thursday, October 2, 2008 2:09 PM

All replies

• Do you mean that you installed Windows Live OneCare and that after rebooting, you are unable to connect to the Internet? And, you are able to make a connection when you turn off the firewall?

I'm not sure what you mean by "keep getting a repair."

How do you connect to the Internet? High speed connection through a router or dial-up modem? Wireless or wired connection?

In OneCare, click change settings, Firewall, configure network. What is your network identified as? Public or Home/Work?

-steve

Thursday, October 2, 2008 1:39 PM
  •  

I installed onecare and I keep getting a message alert that I am at risk. It also states that I am missing a required update. I did the firewall fix and when I turned on the firewall I coukld not connect to the internet turn it off and I can. I us a wireless connection and my network is home.
    Thursday, October 2, 2008 1:58 PM
  • Thanks for the clarification.

Do you have any other security software installed? If you didn't completely remove your prior protection, it can cause this issue. I suggest contacting support for help:

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

For the second issue, that indicates that OneCare believes that there is a critical/important update available from Windows Update that you have not installed. Go to Windows Updates and verify that all important security updates have been installed and that none are hidden or failed. If this is not the case, support can also help with this issue.

-steve

Thursday, October 2, 2008 2:09 PM