VMC + video share issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed an eval copy of whs. The install went fine and have loaded the connector client to two vista machines. VMC sees the music share and works well . The issue I have run into is VMC seeing any dvd movies I have ripped to the Video shares. The registry change for library was made. If those same movies are on the local workstation they play fine through VMC. If I select them through media player from the whs vidoes share they work fine. Tasks/Setting/ see the folder but never finds anything. I have tried all variations of permissions through VMC to no avail. Any suggestions other than permissions would be helpful. I dont know what I may be overlooking. My primary interest was to store all my movies and music. If I cant make this work on the eval copy I will not bother purchasing. Thanks in advance.
    Saturday, September 27, 2008 9:02 PM

Answers

•  

For stored DVDs go into the DVD Library right click or press the “info” button on the MCE remote and add the DVDs from there, do NOT add the DVDs from  “Tasks/Setting/” .

Richard A Miller. Media Center MVP
    • Proposed as answer by Richard A Miller Monday, September 29, 2008 5:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by DieszelDawg Monday, September 29, 2008 5:26 PM
    Monday, September 29, 2008 4:33 PM

All replies

• DieszelDawg,

I had the same problem and Richard A Miller helped me with this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930526

I hope that this help.

David
    Sunday, September 28, 2008 1:54 AM
  • David,

That was one of the first things I did. It was no help.... Like I said. I am overlooking something simple but just dont see what it is.

Dieszeldawg

Monday, September 29, 2008 4:10 AM
  •  

For stored DVDs go into the DVD Library right click or press the “info” button on the MCE remote and add the DVDs from there, do NOT add the DVDs from  “Tasks/Setting/” .

• Proposed as answer by Richard A Miller Monday, September 29, 2008 5:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by DieszelDawg Monday, September 29, 2008 5:26 PM
    Monday, September 29, 2008 4:33 PM
  • Richard,

That was it. I had not seen this posted anywhere. I knew it was something simple. Thanks.

Dieszeldawg
    Monday, September 29, 2008 5:28 PM
  •  

Glad that worked for you, a good web site for Media Center question is http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/default.aspx

Monday, September 29, 2008 5:37 PM
  • Richard,
    Thank you again for the useful link.

David
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 10:31 PM