Will the kit work for me? RRS feed

• Question

• I had Windows Vista originally on my system and purchased an Upgrade version of Windows Hope Premium.  Then I purchased one of these Ebay keys to upgrade to Ultimate.  Now 4 months later, my key is not genuine.  Will I be able to just plug in this WGA Ultimate kit key ?  I don't want to have to reinstall everything from scratch.  That will be horrible.
    WC
    Friday, September 24, 2010 3:35 PM

Answers

• Thank you Carey - I purchased the WGA kit from Microsoft, they sent me a key and it worked great! My Windows 7 Ultimate is now genuine and I didn't have to reinstall anything.  I'm really ticked about the pirated software and I'm out 200.00 but at least I don't have to spend a week reinstalling.  For others - this is the only way to get a legitimate key - you have to purchase the FULL version WGA Kit from Microsoft, not an upgrade but they do give you a discount. They were really nice about not blaming me for having pirated software.

WC
    • Proposed as answer by Carl Stephens Friday, September 24, 2010 5:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, October 6, 2010 9:18 PM
    Friday, September 24, 2010 4:57 PM

All replies

• In order for us to analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the   Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool. 

After running the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button, then Paste the report into your post.  Also, please include a brief question or pertinent background information that would be helpful in our endeavor to assist you.

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    Friday, September 24, 2010 4:38 PM
  • Thank you Carey - I purchased the WGA kit from Microsoft, they sent me a key and it worked great! My Windows 7 Ultimate is now genuine and I didn't have to reinstall anything.  I'm really ticked about the pirated software and I'm out 200.00 but at least I don't have to spend a week reinstalling.  For others - this is the only way to get a legitimate key - you have to purchase the FULL version WGA Kit from Microsoft, not an upgrade but they do give you a discount. They were really nice about not blaming me for having pirated software.

WC
    • Proposed as answer by Carl Stephens Friday, September 24, 2010 5:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, October 6, 2010 9:18 PM
    Friday, September 24, 2010 4:57 PM