Can't Connect to WHS on any computer RRS feed

• Question

•  

Ok guys im sorta at my wits end. i need your help. i cant connect to WHS. It was working fine last night. now i go to connect to it today and it wont let me. im in vista so i go to the network  and sharing and click what devices are connected to my network. my server is not there. I restart server. i change routers. i try a different computer to connect to WHS. i reinstall the connector software, it will recognize that its there, i type in the password then it says it cant connect. ive download the diag software from microsoft and it just gives me a list of errors because that router doesnt have internet on it. i thought there was a SYS restore on WHS but i must be mistaken, else i dont have it on.i have also tried hardwiring my laptop to find it.....still nothing Sad.. ANY SUGGESTIONS would help
    Monday, December 31, 2007 11:31 PM

Answers

•  

actually guys i figured it out i found out that i had a network virus that limited me connecting to anything i just restored it oon all computers to about 3 days b4 and it works fine now
    Wednesday, January 2, 2008 12:27 AM

All replies

• Can you ping the server? If this is a server that you built yourself, can you attach a monitor and keyboard to the server and ensure that the server has network connectivity?

Can you please re-run the Connector Troubleshooter, and post the errors here in this thread?

Thanks!
    Monday, December 31, 2007 11:48 PM
  • Silly as it sounds, try accessing your server via the normal network method, chances are it will ask you to log in and then you will be able to access it under WHS.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 6:35 AM
  •  

actually guys i figured it out i found out that i had a network virus that limited me connecting to anything i just restored it oon all computers to about 3 days b4 and it works fine now
    Wednesday, January 2, 2008 12:27 AM