Exam registration site down? RRS feed

• Question

• Feb 24, 2018 - Getting a "50040: We are sorry, the exam registration system is undergoing maintenance. Please try again later or contact customer support" message when trying to start an exam.  The system test check I ran before registering for the exam did not show any issues with my machine.  I've tried it from 3 different computers, 2 different browsers, even 2 different locations, I get the same error.  I contacted Pearson Vue test center support and all they could do was open a case that will take 3-5 days to get back to me with what went on.  Since I tried it from 3 different computers and 2 different browsers (one was even a system at my office that I remoted into), seems like Microsoft exam site is having an issue? 
    • Edited by km395 Saturday, February 24, 2018 8:11 PM
    Saturday, February 24, 2018 8:05 PM

Answers

• Got a response from MCP support confirming their site was down for scheduled maintenance. They said Pearson Vue was supposed to contact me and reschedule the exam. Now I have to wait for Pearson Vue to get back to me to refund me or give me a voucher so I can reschedule even though MCP already confirmed their test site was unavailable. I would have thought the Pearson Vue support team would have been aware of the maintenance. Hopefully I will hear back from them in the 3-5 days they said it will take them to review on their side.
    • Marked as answer by km395 Wednesday, February 28, 2018 12:09 AM
    Wednesday, February 28, 2018 12:09 AM

All replies

• I just tested registering for an exam and didn't have any problem.

Did you try contacting Microsoft directly?
    Microsoft Training & Certification Help

HTH,

Phil Streiff, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSA

Sunday, February 25, 2018 3:05 PM
  • Me too encountered same problem, I got the error:

50041: We are sorry, the exam registration system is undergoing maintenance. Please try again later or contact

Monday, February 26, 2018 7:10 AM
  • @philfactor

After completing the fields and pressing the save button I got the error:

50041: We are sorry, the exam registration system is undergoing maintenance. Please try again later or contact...

It is possible that the zonal application server may be malfunctioning.

Please provide the IP address for the app server you used. I will try registration through IP

Thank you

Monday, February 26, 2018 11:25 AM
  • I contacted MCP support via email and opened a case with Pearson Vue also.  The next morning, I tried again and was able to get past the page I was getting the error on, so maybe whatever issue they were having has been resolved?  Of course, I missed my exam window and now have to wait for Pearson Vue to do their research on my case, which they said takes 3-5 business days, to determine if they will reschedule me (which I will do as a test center appt this time) or if I forfeit my $165 exam fee even though all appears to magically be working now.
    Monday, February 26, 2018 1:20 PM
  • I see I'm not the only person facing the same issue.  I just sent an email to MCP support.
    Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:53 PM
  • Got a response from MCP support confirming their site was down for scheduled maintenance. They said Pearson Vue was supposed to contact me and reschedule the exam. Now I have to wait for Pearson Vue to get back to me to refund me or give me a voucher so I can reschedule even though MCP already confirmed their test site was unavailable. I would have thought the Pearson Vue support team would have been aware of the maintenance. Hopefully I will hear back from them in the 3-5 days they said it will take them to review on their side.
    • Marked as answer by km395 Wednesday, February 28, 2018 12:09 AM
    Wednesday, February 28, 2018 12:09 AM
  • Phil:  Please let me know your preferred method to contact Microsoft directly.  Very frustrating trying via the site.  Some links are broken, other present multiple hoops.  If you have a super-secret direct line, please share!!
    Wednesday, February 28, 2018 3:52 PM