Communicator will not close without closing Outlook first RRS feed

• Question

•  

I cannot close MOC before closing Outlook 2003. If I try to close MOC first, I receive an error informing me that "Communicator cannot exit now because it is being used by another application". Why can't I close MOC before Outlook?
    Tuesday, January 8, 2008 7:24 PM

All replies

• I have seen this happen on a couple workstations (including my own) but it is not the expected behavior.  Simply end the communicator.exe process in Task Manager after signing-out.

Is this is a reoccuring issue on one or multiple workstations?  What combination of the Outlook hotfix, Live Meeting client and Live Meeting Add-In components are installed?

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 8:47 PM
  • Its happening on all of my workstations which are running Outlook 2003, SP3, with Hotfix MSKB936864

I turned on logging, but didn't observe anything meaningful to this issue.

Anyone have a bright idea?

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 10:06 PM
  • I've noticed the same behaviour on our XP Pro SP2 boxes running one of our standard images.  Not only does having Outlook 2003 running prevent the "exiting" out of Communicator 2007, but if IE 6 has visited a SharePoint site (where presence information has the potential to surface) - Communicator will fail to exit.  Going to a different site (say google.com or microsoft.com) will not change the exiting behaviour.  I need to close the IE 6 window before I can exit Communicator.

Having said this, I believe it is a function of either my right on the workstation or our image - as my Vista SP1 box (workgroup member - not a domain member like the XP boxes) behaves as expected.

Friday, March 28, 2008 6:26 PM
  •  

Hi,

I've seen this on Windows XP and Win 2k3 Terminal Server.

The issue for my enviroment is that on log off Communicator prompts saying you have open conversations and do you still wish to close.  Yes & No. but before you can click yes the end now window appears.

I'm trying to find in the registry where this prompt can be turned off.

Regards

Matt

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 4:11 PM