Audit History for contact RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I am trying to include Audit data for contact in CRM and I am able to do this with plugin. But I want to include this history as a tab for contact along with General,Notes and Details.Any one can help me to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 4:06 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

You can create one custom entity for ex. ContactHistory to store audit data and create History tab in contact form and add Iframe, in that iframe you can show ContactHistory entity to show audit records

Mahain
    • Proposed as answer by HIMBAPModerator Tuesday, March 30, 2010 4:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, March 30, 2010 4:32 PM
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 4:16 PM
  • Here is how to embed an associated view in an Iframe.

https://community.dynamics.com/blogs/crmjimwang/comments/28067.aspx

MSCRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, March 30, 2010 4:32 PM
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 4:19 PM
  • thanks for your suggestions. It helped me a lot. But I may require mor help.

I am creating a custom entity called audit to store audit data. And it is displayed in the navigation bar. when I clicked on the audit, I will get an entry of contcatCreate/contactUpdate depends on the operation. when I open the contactCreate or contactUpdate only I will able to see the audit data. And there I am using my second custom entity "Diffrence" to display the Log history including old values and new values.

Now I am able to create History Tab using IFrame, But when I click History I am able to see the contcatCreate/contactUpdate entry in the IFrame. Also I wont be able to open it or see the log details. Is ther any options to display the log details/Diffrence details directly in to the IFrame? Hope you are clear with my requirement.

My code is:

function GetFrameSource(tabSet) {
        if (crmForm.ObjectId != null) {

var oId = crmForm.ObjectId;
            var oType = crmForm.ObjectTypeCode;
            var security = crmFormSubmit.crmFormSubmitSecurity.value;
    //alert(oType);
    //alert(tabSet);
            return "areas.aspx?oId=" + oId + "&oType=" + oType + "&security=" +
    security + "&tabSet=" + tabSet;
        }

else {
            return "about:blank";
        }
    }

crmForm.all.IFRAME_Audit.src = GetFrameSource("new_contact_custom_audit");

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 11:40 AM
  • thanks for your suggestions. It helped me a lot. But I may require mor help.

I am creating a custom entity called audit to store audit data. And it is displayed in the navigation bar. when I clicked on the audit, I will get an entry of contcatCreate/contactUpdate depends on the operation. when I open the contactCreate or contactUpdate only I will able to see the audit data. And there I am using my second custom entity "Diffrence" to display the Log history including old values and new values.

Now I am able to create History Tab using IFrame, But when I click History I am able to see the contcatCreate/contactUpdate entry in the IFrame. Also I wont be able to open it or see the log details. Is ther any options to display the log details/Diffrence details directly in to the IFrame? Hope you are clear with my requirement.

My code is:

function GetFrameSource(tabSet) {
        if (crmForm.ObjectId != null) {

var oId = crmForm.ObjectId;
            var oType = crmForm.ObjectTypeCode;
            var security = crmFormSubmit.crmFormSubmitSecurity.value;
    alert(oType);
    alert(tabSet);
            return "areas.aspx?oId=" + oId + "&oType=" + oType + "&security=" +
    security + "&tabSet=" + tabSet;
        }

else {
            return "about:blank";
        }
    }

crmForm.all.IFRAME_Audit.src = GetFrameSource("new_contact_custom_audit");

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 11:40 AM
  • Hi,

What I understand from above requirement, you can create another iframe to load log history there. you can load log history onclick of contcatCreate/contactUpdate history iframe.

Hope it will help you !!!

Mahain
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 12:09 PM