HPC node manager service failed to start RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi all,
    administrator
    windows server 2008 HPC edition
    Microsoft HPC pack 2008
    at the last  "Microsoft HPC pack 2008" step, got a message :Service 'HPC node manager service 'failed to start.Verify that you have  sufficient privileges to start system services.
    Any suggestion?
    I appreciate your help!
    Friday, October 10, 2008 5:14 AM

Answers

• Hi Kevin,

Can you try again, and afterward check Event Viewer (Start->Run->"eventvwr") for a fresh failure by the HpcNodeManager service?
    It may provide additional information that can be helpful in debugging the problem.

-- Greg 

• Marked as answer by Don Pattee Friday, May 22, 2009 8:53 PM
    Friday, October 10, 2008 3:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Kevin,

Can you try again, and afterward check Event Viewer (Start->Run->"eventvwr") for a fresh failure by the HpcNodeManager service?
    It may provide additional information that can be helpful in debugging the problem.

-- Greg 

• Marked as answer by Don Pattee Friday, May 22, 2009 8:53 PM
    Friday, October 10, 2008 3:51 PM
  • Thank Greg! Problem cleared up.
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 4:04 AM
  • I am having the SAME problem how did you get it fixed? everything used to work, but then we put group policy in place and then it stopped working, I removed the group policy and just have teh default group policy and still the HPN Node Manager service will not start, tried un-installing and re-installing and still nothing.
    Monday, January 25, 2010 8:55 PM
  • Any luck solving why this happened I am having the same problems on HPC 2008 R2.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 10:49 PM
  • Hi Kevin,

Can you please tell us what the problem was? I'm facing a similar issue with HPC Pack 2012.

Thanks!

Thursday, November 13, 2014 1:59 AM
  • Hi, abhiklahiri, what is your issue, and what is the detail error message from event viewer?
    Monday, November 17, 2014 4:11 AM