SSRS Anonymous Authendication RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am accessing SSRS reports to ASP.NET using webservice ReposrtingService2005.asmx .

Here my problem is ,though i am passing the credentials to the server to get the reports, while its rendering in the browser (content delivered from server, now browser asks credentials)  it asks to login for every report.

I dont want to change any security settings in the Browser, since we cant ask the clients to change the browser settings.

How to solve this issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Senthilselvan.D

snthil@gmail.com

Friday, April 29, 2011 4:02 PM

Answers

• HI, 

We have tried doing this because it was required, you can make your report for use for external purpose, from CRM report Edit actions menu, then report will be available out of the 4.0 folder in the SSRS server, then in the report property you can impersonate one of the user with its credentials, that, and the same link or the path you can use in your asp.net application.

this way whenever required you will not be asked for the user name password. make sure you pass the same users credentials in application while calling the SSRS webservice.

I hope this will serve the purpose.

BharatKumar Bambhaniya Software Developer.
    Saturday, April 30, 2011 7:06 PM

All replies

• You would probably have to provide them with an application (simple report viewer) that provides the credentials internally.  Otherwise you will need to provide them with Credentials I think.  I like this better than anonymous.

Would you really want to have completely anonymous auth?  Then anyone could view your reports.

Jamie Miley
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Friday, April 29, 2011 4:24 PM
  • Hi Jamie Miley,

I have created an ASP.NET application , in which we are showing multiple reports in multiple divs.

while loading the report its not asking any credentials, but while rendering the content to the browser, its asking login for multiple times.

The application will have the Authendication to check the user, so the reports (browser prompting credentials)need not to ask the credentials.

Thanks,

Senthilselvan.D

Saturday, April 30, 2011 12:42 PM
  • HI, 

We have tried doing this because it was required, you can make your report for use for external purpose, from CRM report Edit actions menu, then report will be available out of the 4.0 folder in the SSRS server, then in the report property you can impersonate one of the user with its credentials, that, and the same link or the path you can use in your asp.net application.

this way whenever required you will not be asked for the user name password. make sure you pass the same users credentials in application while calling the SSRS webservice.

I hope this will serve the purpose.

BharatKumar Bambhaniya Software Developer.
    Saturday, April 30, 2011 7:06 PM